Today, on the Official PlayStation Blog website, Sony announced the lineup of the PlayStation Plus free games for August 2017. We are again getting a very nice selection of titles with great variety. There’s both AAA titles and indie games, which is always nice to see.
Here is the full lineup:
Just Cause 3 (PS4)
• Explore a Mediterranean island paradise with complete vertical freedom – skydive, BASE jump and free dive in an open world with virtually zero limits.
• Glide through the air and swoop across mountains with your Wingsuit giving a new way to rain death from above.
• Use your Grapple and Parachute to scale buildings, hijack vehicles, move quickly or tether objects together for creative new ways to cause Chaos.
• Cause massive chains of destruction to bring down a dictator.
• Arm yourself with a wide range of explosive weaponry from shotguns and missile launchers to tank-busters and air-strikes.
• Choose from a huge variety of different vehicles to drive including speedboats, jets, helicopters, turbo-fueled sports cars and super bikes.
• Get adventurous with dozens of challenge missions and collectibles to discover.
• Online community features.
Rise up against slavery with the latest single-player action-adventure game in the Assassin’s Creed® franchise. Assassin’s Creed® Freedom Cry is now available exclusively for download on PlayStation®4 system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Born a slave, Adewale found freedom as a pirate. Now, 15 years after the events of Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag™, Adewale has become a trained Assassin.
After being shipwrecked in what is now known as Haiti and left without weapons or a crew, Adewale starts to assist the locals in an effort to assemble a crew and steal a ship. The more he helps, however, the more he is drawn into the Maroon slave community. Forced to face his past, he sets out to free the slaves and bring death to their captors.
Originally released as an add-on for Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Adewale’s epic adventure is now available as its own stand-alone title purchase of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag is not required.
Super Motherload (PS3)
Set on Mars in an alternate Cold-War era, Super Motherload is a 1 to 4-player couch co-op digging adventure with branching storyline choices, a fully voiced cast of Soviet and American characters, and a procedurally-generated world that changes each time you play.
Purchase powerful upgrades and supplies for your mining pod as you progress and prosper, as well as rare special abilities with random availability.
– RPG-inspired mechanics, upgrades, quests & special abilities
– 10 playable characters
– Branching storyline choices with multiple game endings
– Over 150 explosive-based puzzles to solve
– An epic boss battle
– Hardcore mode for Motherload veterans
– Full voice overs and a full-length original score by indie electronic artist Eric Cheng
– Storyline by comic book writer Kurtis Wiebe
Snakeball™ is a funky, futuristic sport set in a vibrant arena where you glide across the dazzling disco floor on your hoversnake, collecting balls and scoring goals. Watch out for the other snakeballers desperate to knock you for a spin with a flick of their tails or a blast from their fiendish weapons. Chaotic action and energetic music bring together up to 8 players in entertaining online matches for a fun, unique gameplay experience.
• Frantic Action – A collection of single and multiplayer modes.
• Loads of Weapons – Collect power-ups such as rapid-firing blasters and heat-seeking missiles, and use the SIXAXIS™ wireless controller for better aiming.
• Personalize – Choose among 16 different Snakeball riders or map your face onto your Snakeballer with a PLAYSTATION®Eye or Eye-Toy® USB camera.
• High Definition Graphics – Dazzling and vibrant disco arenas rendered in full 1080p
• Online Features – Full online support with up to 8 players.
Downwell (PS4, Vita)
Downwell is a curious game about a young person venturing down a well in search of untold treasures with only his Gunboots for protection. Make your way further and further down into the darkness filled with nasty creatures and mysterious secrets to collect the spectacular red gems scattered about the rocks.
Level 22 (Vita)
THE FIRST STEALTH GAME SET IN THE MERCILESS AND FRENETIC WORLD OF WORK!
Are You Late For Work? Start Panicking!
Gary is an office worker who oversleeps after a drunken night out on the town. Here’s where it gets tricky, because this isn’t the first time Gary’s been late for work, and he could be fired if he’s spotted arriving at his desk after everyone else yet again. So he’ll have to prove he’s smart and sneaky enough to make his way up all the 22 floors between him and his office without being seen.
Hide in closets, crawl through air vents, slink along the walls… nobody must spot you!
Use everything in your reach to get to the end of the level: hide behind a newspaper, smash a vending machine with a well-aimed kick, or use donuts to lure the security guards away.
From the basement to the boss’s office via the research and development labs, explore the zany little universe of LEVEL 22, Gary’s Misadventures.
After reading all of this, I can honestly say that it is another good month for subscribers. For two consecutive months, I am very happy with the announcements. I love the variety and that we get both AAA and indie games. I absolutely need to try Just Cause 3. I’m also very curious about Downwell. What do you think? Are you happy with these choices? Let us know in the comments.