Last week, Bandai Namco teased a video for its upcoming game. As reported by Gematsu, they inform us that it is a buddy co-op “dungeon exploration-type, hard action RPG” from the team who also created God Eater.
Code Vein is in early stages of development and therefore is due to release in 2018. There are currently no details on which platforms Code Vein will release on, so we will have to keep an eye out for that over the coming months.
Here is what we know of the game so far:
- Blood Veil – The Blood Veil is a Revenant-original piece of equipment that sucks up the blood of ‘Losts’. It’s usually shaped like clothing and functions as armor. A dedicated mechanism appears at the time of blood sucking, and the user’s mask sees an ominous change.
- Special Ability: “Tempered Blood” – An action that can be triggered after a successful blood sucking attack via the Blood Vale, and that depends on the blood obtained from the Lost. There are a number of variations, such as strengthening yourself, weakening enemies, and direct attacks.
Staff working on the project includes:
- Producer: Keita Iizuka
- Director: Hiroshi Yoshimura
- Project Team Leader: Yusuke Tomizawa
- The game is being made as a new challenge on a separate development line from the God Eater series. Regarding whether it is related to God Eater, Iizuka said: “We are developing it as a new title that offers a new game experience.”
- “Vein” refers to the English word “vein.” “Code” is “code.” The impression here is “codes of blood.”
- The title implies there is a hidden truth in the closed world players will explore, Vein.
- The name of the genre is “dramatic exploration action RPG.” The “exploration action RPG” genre has players tensely exploring seamlessly connected areas on foot, which offers a great sense of accomplishment.
- By travelling with a buddy, you can overcome great challenges that you might give up on if you were playing a highly difficult game on your own, and feel a greater sense of accomplishment.
- Buddies act on their own, but it will also be necessary for the player to take action to help their buddy.
- The game engine is Unreal Engine 4.
- A gameplay trailer will be released in early May.
- This is a Japanese title aiming for a worldwide release.
- As team leader, Tomizawa will oversee both God Eater and Code Vein.
Sounds interesting doesn’t it? Let us know what you think in the comments below, on the RGM Forums or on Twitter. Feel free to share this article on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pintrest and also Reddit!