Last week, Bandai Namco teased a video for its upcoming game. As reported by Gematsu, they inform us that it is a buddy co-op "dungeon exploration-type, hard action RPG" from the team who created God Eater.
Code Vein is in early stages of development and is aiming for a 2018 release. There are currently no details on which platforms Code Vein will release on.
Here is what we know of the game so far:
- Blood Veil – The Blood Veil is a Revenant-original piece of equipment that sucks up the blood of 'Losts'. It’s usually shaped like clothing and functions as armor. A dedicated mechanism appears at the time of blood sucking, and the user’s mask sees an ominous change.
- Special Ability: “Tempered Blood” – An action that can be triggered after a successful blood sucking attack via the Blood Vale, and that depends on the blood obtained from the Lost. There are a number of variations, such as strengthening yourself, weakening enemies, and direct attacks.
Staff working on the project includes:
- Producer: Keita Iizuka
- Director: Hiroshi Yoshimura
- Project Team Leader: Yusuke Tomizawa
- The game is being made as a new challenge on a separate development line from the God Eater series. Regarding whether it is related to God Eater, Iizuka said: “We are developing it as a new title that offers a new game experience.”
- “Vein” refers to the English word “vein.” “Code” is “code.” The impression here is “codes of blood.”
- The title implies there is a hidden truth in the closed world players will explore, Vein.
- The name of the genre is “dramatic exploration action RPG.” The “exploration action RPG” genre has players tensely exploring seamlessly connected areas on foot, which offers a great sense of accomplishment.
- By travelling with a buddy, you can overcome great challenges that you might give up on if you were playing a highly difficult game on your own, and feel a greater sense of accomplishment.
- Buddies act on their own, but it will also be necessary for the player to take action to help their buddy.
- The game engine is Unreal Engine 4.
- A gameplay trailer will be released in early May.
- This is a Japanese title aiming for a worldwide release.
- As team leader, Tomizawa will oversee both God Eater and Code Vein.