Spoiler Warning for Horizon: Zero Dawn…
Horizon: Zero Dawn is undoubtedly one of the big success stories of 2017. With players eagerly anticipating November’s DLC, The Frozen Wilds, developers Guerilla Games are continually improving the core game. Patches are key to games and while they usually fix bugs and balance gameplay, sometimes they add new features. This is the case with the latest patch for Horizon: Zero Dawn, with the inclusion of a new difficulty.
Check out the trailer below:
If you just want to enjoy the story or explore the world, the ‘Story Mode’ is aimed at you. They’ve already added New Game+ and an Ultra Hard mode for players wanting a bit more of a challenge, so this easier mode makes sense for players that want a more relaxed experience. This patch should also help players achieve more trophies for things like discovering all the collectables and clearing all the Cauldrons.
Check out the full notes from the 1.32 patch taken from the official PlayStation site:
- Added ‘Story Mode’ difficulty. An easier difficulty setting for people that mainly want to experience the story of Horizon Zero Dawn.
- Fixed an issue for some players where human melee attackers could change their rotation and warp towards the player after jump attacking giving them an unfair advantage.
- Fixed an issue in New Game+ where some players were not allowed to fast travel to Sunfall campfires with the Shadow Stalwart Adept armour equipped.
- Fixed an issue where certain players were not able to abandon a job for a job created to buy items at a merchant.
- Fixed an issue that some players encountered where some animation events would not work properly when the player has a lot of resources.
- Fixed an issue in “Revenge of the Nora” where for some players the Nora would not help Aloy fight off the enemy during the ‘Clear the Camps’ objective.
- Fixed an issue in “The Point of the Spear” where some players were not able to continue the quest if they dropped their Tripcaster on NG+ before talking to Rost.
- Fixed an issue in “The Sun Shall Fall” where some players were not able to get back in the palace to talk to Blameless Marad as the gates were closed.
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash for certain players if they switched difficulty while Aloy is dead with an Errand active.
- Fixed an issue where for some players the game would crash if a player continuously makes ‘Jobs’ and then changes difficulty continuously.
- Minor text fixes.
The inclusion of a Story Mode is an interesting one, so what do you think of it? Would you have preferred a harder difficulty? Will this patch fix issues you’ve had? Let us know in the comments!