Easily one of the most successful independent development studios of late, Psyonix (makers of Rocket League) are looking for a new member to join their team.
The roll currently open is: UI Artist Application. If you are interested in applying visit THIS LINK to submit your details.
If you end up being successful we ask one thing - make putting an RGM flag in Rocket League your first priority.
Here are the details:
UI Artist Application
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Concept and design UI across a variety of projects, platforms and styles
• Work with UI/UX Lead, Designers and Programmers to create high quality user experiences
• Work with the marketing artist to ensure a consistent brand that can also extend beyond the in-game UI to promotional materials
• Explore a variety of UI styles to find what works best for the projects; continue to raise the bar on the visual quality of the user interface
• Come up with practical solutions to graphical and layout issues; design dynamic and responsive UI that can scale and reflow to suit a variety of resolutions and localized content
• Export and deliver art assets to programmers for implementation; work with the programmers to ensure assets are reconstructed in-game to match the mockup and vision
• Highly skilled in graphic design and typography with a background in user interface, illustration and/or concept art
• Exceptionally skilled with Photoshop and Illustrator
• Has an attention to detail and can generate clear and concise mockups that anyone can understand
• Has an eye for motion graphics and can concept dynamic UI transitions and animated widgets
• Is a self starter that can design UI appropriate to the style and gameplay of various projects
• Has a solid understanding of interface conventions and knowledge of current tools and trends in UI development
• Has shipped UI for projects across a variety of platforms (PC, console, mobile, etc.)
• Works well in a team environment with both programmers and artists
• Can listen to feedback and collaborate with others to come up with creative solutions to challenging designs
Additional Preferred Software:
• After Effects (or similar motion graphics software)
• Unreal Engine