The Moto Racer franchise has been absent for the last 15 years with the last game, Moto Racer 3 launching only on PC back in 2001. Microids today announced the return of the franchise though. Moto Racer 4 will be the latest instalment in the series of the cult racing game which launches for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC and Mac on October 13th.
The game is developed by French developer Artefacts Studio, who are known for Gods vs. Humans and Hot Rodders, have promised Moto Racer 4 will feature 60fps and that the game will contain at least 15 single player and multiplayer modes including:
- KING OF THE HILL: Each rider starts with the same time on the clock. While time runs down for the leader, the other racers get extra turbo. The first player to get their counter down to zero wins the race.
- LAST MAN STANDING: The last player to pass each checkpoint is eliminated.
- SURVIVAL: The race starts with very little time on the clock. Players gain time by passing the checkpoints. In single-player mode, the aim is to survive for a specific length of time. In multi-player mode, the winner is the last player with time left on their clock.
- CATCH-UP: The player's opponents begin the race with a headstart and the player must be in first place at a specific time.
- WOLF PACK: The player begins the race with a headstart and must maintain it for a certain length of time without being overtaken.
- GHOST BIKE: The player starts the race in last place and is not allowed to deviate from the road or collide with others. S/he must finish in a specified minimum place.
- GOLDEN HELMET: Competitors must earn the one golden helmet up for grabs during the race. To do this, they must be first past the initial checkpoint. If the player wearing the golden helmet is knocked by another player, s/he surrenders it to that player. If a player falls off their bike, s/he loses the helmet and it is automatically sent to the next checkpoint.