New Features! Always good to have more options, and at Xbox, they never stop taking on-board community feedback. Due to this, the fan-inspired features that our feedback has helped to develop, are rolling out to Xbox One users today.
The most exciting of these, in my opinion, is the addition of the ‘Join Broadcast’ button. This enables you to easily join any broadcast without the previously painful process for Twitch streams.
Here is the rundown of the other features being added, as provide by Major Nelson:
Profile and Activity Feed
- New ‘Join broadcast’ button in your profile, one of the many ways to access the game stream of someone broadcasting.
- In your Activity Feed, we’re adding the ability to hide individual posts, pin posts to the top of your feed. Additionally you can filter posts by friends, games or Clubs.
Clubs and Looking for Group (LFG)
- When you create an LFG post, as the owner you will be able to see new vetting cards that include hero stats from gamers interested in joining your party. Hero stats are contextual to the game you’re playing, showing you relevant stats like kill/death ratio, rank, or score.
- Achievement hunters, this one is for you! You will be able to search LFG posts from the Achievements tab, related to the Achievement you’re trying to finish.
- We’re adding the number of open LFG posts to the Game Hub and Club Hub headers.
- Have you made a successful LFG post that you want to create again? Now you can see previous LFG posts that you have created, participated or shown interest in, and can copy them to create new posts.
- When creating an LFG post, see all the recent tags you’ve used and easily select them.
- Club owners and admins will be identified and labeled in their text posts to better help them stand out and manage their community.
- Club owners and admins can pin a post at the top of their Club feed.
My Games and Apps, and Settings
- In ‘My Games and Apps,’ we’re adding the ability to filter your game library by platform – Xbox One and Xbox 360.