Oh NVIDIA you really are spoiling us with these graphics card! Before I go into too much juicy talk about it's various specs, have a little look at this...
This absolute beast of a GPU will be available from May 27th, and is expected to cost around the $599 mark. A post on NVIDIA's Newsroom states that "It will be available from ASUS, Colorful, EVGA, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, Innovision 3D, MSI, NVIDIA. Palit, PNY and Zotac. Custom boards from partners will vary by region"
The main specs as shown on their official site are:
GPU Engine Specs:
- 2560 NVIDIA CUDA® Cores
- 1607 Base Clock (MHz)
- 1733 Boost Clock (MHz)
- 10 Gbps Memory Speed
- 8 GB GDDR5X Standard Memory Config
- 256-bit Memory Interface Width
- Memory Bandwidth 320 (GB/sec)
- VR Ready
- NVIDIA Ansel
- SLI HB Bridge SupportedNVIDIA SLI® Ready1
- NVIDIA G-SYNC™-Ready
- NVIDIA GameStream™-Ready
- 3.0 NVIDIA GPU Boost™
- Microsoft DirectX 12 API with feature level 12_1
- Vulkan API
- OpenGL 4.5
- PCIe 3.0 Bus Support
- Windows 7-10, Linux, FreeBSDx86 OS Certification
- 7680 x [email protected] Maximum Digital Resolution (7680x4320 at 60 Hz RGB 8-bit with dual DisplayPort connectors or 7680x4320 at 60 Hz YUV420 8-bit with on DisplayPort 1.3 connector.)
- DP 1.4 (DisplayPort 1.2 Certified, DisplayPort 1.3/1.4 Ready), HDMI 2.0b, DL-DVI Standard Display Connectors
- Multi Monitor
- 2.2 HDCP
Graphics Card Dimensions:
- 4.376" (Height)
- 10.5" (Length)
- 2-Slot Width
Thermal and Power Specs:
- Maximum GPU Tempurature 94C
- 180W Graphics Card Power
- 500W Recommended System Power (Recommendation is made based on PC configured with an Intel Core i7 3.2 GHz processor. Pre-built system may require less power depending on system configuration.)
- 8-Pin Supplementary Power Connectors
Considering the GTX TITAN X was a monster of a graphics card, this card is due to deliver twice the performance of that whilst being 3 times as efficient. For future proofing your next gaming rig, you could do worse than getting the GTX 1080...like buying any other GPU on the market - this one will blow the others away.
It would just be nice to have a PC myself with this...*cough* ED *cough*...
Come on, don't be shy though, tell us what you think! Is this the start of a new era in gaming? Have NVIDIA completely smashed their competition with this? Or are you AMD and sticking with them no matter what? Comment below, or post in our forums!