So Rainbow Six Siege is a good game right? But I know what you're thinking - I don't want to pay full price for it, I'm a stingy bar-steward. Well too right as well, the economy is still restrictive and every penny counts.
So, what if I told you that you can buy Rainbow Six Siege, on PC, for just £11.99 / $14.99 / €14.99? No vouchers, discount codes or Steam sales here, oh no. It's the news that you can now buy Rainbox Six Siege as a Starter Edition, with the following information and a list of available content from the Ubisoft website.
The Starter Edition...
- Provides full access to the Rainbow Six Siege game for 15€ / £11.99 with a different system for unlocking operators (see below).
- Instantly unlocks up to 4 Operators.
- Requires additional grinding to unlock the remaining 16 original Operators (Operators are unlockable for 12,500 Renown, compared to 500-2,000 renown in the Standard Edition)
You have access to the full game. All content is available, including:
- All Modes: Multiplayer, Terrorist Hunt and Situations.
- All Operators & Post-Launch Operators.
- All 11 original Maps & free Post-Launch Maps
- All Game Modes: Bomb, Secure Area, Hostage
- All weapons & attachments
- Full progression (no level cap)
- Same servers / matchmaking as Standard Edition
More information about the Starter Edition can be found through this link.
This sounds like a brilliant offer, and the challenge of getting that much more Renown before unlocking different Operators feels like it would be that much more rewarding when you do. But then that's just me! What really matters is what you think (except for you...you know who you are), so let us know what you think of this, did you purchase the full game and wish you'd had the chance to get this sooner? Have you been in 2 minds over whether or not to get the game, and this has swayed your opinion? Whatever your thoughts, let us know in the comments below or in the RGM Forums.