Welcome to this week’s Real Game News re-cap where we take a look at some of the top stories covered by RGM throughout the week.
System Shock Remaster Kickstarter Project
NightDive, the studio responsible for an enhanced version System Shock released on GOG.com last year, has announced via their official Facebook page that a remaster is on the cards. A Kickstarter project for a PlayStation 4 version will be launched and start June 29th, along with a small announcement trailer. PC and Xbox One versions would get released next year if the Kickstarter is successful.
For more information, you can go to the official web site and subscribe to a newsletter regarding all news and announcements for System Shock.
Call of Duty: Black Ops announced for backwards compatibility on the Xbox One with installation issues
For those of you who eagerly grabbed your Black Ops 1 disk off the shelf and shoved it into your Xbox One this morning after the news that it is now a part of the Backwards Compatible library, you may have encountered some issues.
The first of these being that you game simply would not install. If that’s you, please see below for console hard reset details from Xbox Live which will resolve this issue for you.
If your issue however, is that you cannot access your DLC that you had available on the Xbox 360, then here is your fix for that:
- Go to your ‘My Games and Apps’
- Select Black Ops 1
- Press the select button and choose ‘Manage Game’
- You will now see the option to install your DLC The next DLC including an all new Incursion is headed to The Division on May 24th.
For hard reset instructions please click here.
The Division Update 1.2 – Conflict
Available on all platforms (PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One), this expansion will bring harder bosses, new high powered weapons along with all new factions, and you can find an overview of the changes below along with the trailer.
- “Hunter’s Faith” – Long range set.
- “Lone Star” – Damage-per-second set.
- “Final Measure” – Defensive set.
- “Predator’s Mark” – Support set.
- “Hungry Hog” M60 Light Machine Gun
- “Centurion” M1911 Pistol
- “Medveo” AA-12 Shotgun
- “Historian” M1A Marksman Rifle
- Talent fixes will be coming to several Talents that are either not working as intended, or bugged in a different manner. They include but are not limited to the following:
- Sentry’s Call Gear Set Talent – “Stalker”
- “One is None”
- Base of Operations wings not properly unlocking, forcing halted progression.
- Mission doors not opening properly when a mission is started or restarted under certain circumstances (IE: Restarting from the map rather than going to the location first.).
- Added Gear Score 201+ Bracket. This discourages griefing of lower Gear Score players.
- Increased challenge and difficulty of Dark Zone 201 GS+ Bracket.
- Added Level 32 and 34 enemies to the Dark Zone 201 GS+ Bracket.
- Added chance of 204 and 240 Gear Score [Gear Set] items to the Dark Zone 201 GS+ Bracket.
- Increased ‘Weapon’ drop chances.
- Reduced ‘Gear Mod’ drop chances.
- Increased drop rate of High End Division Tech in Dark Zone 201 GS+ Bracket.
- Increased drop rate of proper Gear Score items in all Dark Zone brackets.
- Increased drop rate of items in all activities. (Hard Mode, Challenge Mode, Incursion)
- Increased drop rate of Gear Sets from Supply Drops.
- Added new ‘Incursion’ — “Clear Sky” — The ‘Rikers’ have taken over an abandoned anti-aircraft site left behind by the ‘Last Man Battalion’ and now have full control over Manhattan’s airspace, taking control of dropped supply crates.
- Added ‘Search and Destroy’ Missions in PVE Zones — After clearing all Side Missions and Encounters from a named zone in the PVE area, these missions will lead you to an area where groups of enemies are located to gain intelligence for HVT Missions.
- Added ‘High Value Target (HVT)’ Missions — After acquiring intelligence through completed ‘Search and Destroy’ missions, you will have access to new named enemy encounter contracts. Eliminate them for a possibility of loot and more. There are both Daily and Weekly contracts, some of which will require teamwork to complete.
- Added “Dark Zone Sealed Caches” — Named enemies in the Dark Zone will now have a chance to drop Sealed Caches. These Caches can contain loot, Dark Zone credits, or Division Tech. However, it is a mystery until they are extracted.
- Added Extraction Hijacking — Extractions can now be hijacked by cutting the rope tether. This will in turn cause the player or group of players to turn Rogue and all the loot on the tether to drop on the ground.
Gran Turismo Sport - Beta Cancellation
The beta for the upcoming racer game Gran Turismo Sport has been cancelled due to the beta potentially pushing back the release of the game until 2017.
“That’s something that I’m very, very sorry about,” said Series Creator Yamauchi while talking about the beta to VideoGamer. “In order to do a beta test we have to make a gold master of the beta test code, and for us it actually takes as much effort as to finish the real master code of the actual game.”
“Just because it’s a beta we can’t just throw it out there. It’s required that in order to do an open beta we have to create a proper master for it, and considering the release timing that we announced, we decided that we just don’t have enough time to do two gold masters for the game. By omitting that it saves us about three months of time.”
Gran Turismo Sport is due to launch on November 15th in Japan and North America, and on November 18th in the United Kingdom.
Asked to clarify if this meant there would be no beta, Yamauchi added: “Most likely I don’t think it would be possible. I’m very sorry but that’s just how it turned out.”
That's a re-cap of some of the top stories from throughout the week, be sure to peruse the various categories on the website to get yourself up to date with even more of the news that matters most to you.