After we initially were told that Operation Frontier Shield was the final Titanfall 2 DLC, it looks like things have changed. Titanfall 2 Postcards from the Frontier DLC has been announced via Frontier News Network, bringing even more content to this popular shooter.
Before we dive into what this new DLC brings however, it’s worth reading Respawn Entertainment’s explanation:
Since the release of Monarch’s Reign in May, we’ve seen our playerbase increase every month. Currently we have over a million players across all platforms each month playing multiplayer, and we’re expecting August to be our biggest month of 2017
The average time spent per player is currently the highest it’s been in the last 6 months
Since the launch of Frontier Defense and Titanfall 2 being added to the Vault for EA access members and the release of Ultimate Edition, we’ve seen average daily active users increase by nearly 50% in the last month.
Now, here’s a quick trailer highlighting what’s new:
Here’s a more in-depth look at the new content:
- New Live Fire Map: Uma
- Tight corridors guide combat into three arenas flanked by balconies, doorways, and windows. A large central divider provides cover for short range effectiveness, with a long flank that opens opportunities for confident marksmen.
- New execution: Hole in the Wall [Amped Wall]
- Kill 5 Pilots with Amped Wall is active to unlock
- More maps for Frontier Defense
- Angel City
- Elite Weapon Warpaints: Each comes with a Squad Leader Bonus.
- 10% chance per owned Elite skin (up to 30%) to earn a Double XP token at the end of a match
- Grants one extra merit to you and your teammates at the end of a match. A player can only receive this bonus once per match.
I have to say, it’s awesome to see the developers looking at the community support for their game and responding by providing even more free content. Hopefully we’ll see this support continue for some months to come. Remember, Titanfall 2 Postcards from the Frontier DLC will be available to download on all platforms on August 29th, 2017.