Ubisoft have revealed that Operation Dust Line will be free for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and will be available on May 11th on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
This is now the second major update for Rainbow Six Siege which will include two new operators, 1 new map, improvements to gameplay and more.
The new ‘Border Map’ promises to be the most destructible and open map and introduces a mix of old and new construction with open air pathways. The two US Navy SEAL operators are:
- Valkyrie: Equipped with the “Black Eye” Gyro Cam Mk2, a quick deployment sticky camera that gives her team a new eye in the sky.
- Blackbeard: Carries the TARS Mk 0, Transparent Armored Rifle Shield with him to battle, increasing his mobile protection without diminishing his field of vision.
Other additions include the introduction to loadout customisation between rounds to allow players to select a weapon, attachments and headgear to allow for additional tactical choices between rounds.
- Operator reworks: I.Q.’s unique gadget now has enhanced visual feedback, Montagne’s shield now adds side protection, and Tachanka’s LMG is now easier to place and use. Additional Operator, weapon and secondary gadget tweaks have also been made.
- Introduction of gadget placement cancellation controls: By turning this feature ON in the Options menu, players can now cancel the placement of a gadget at any time. This feature will not only allow players to be more reactive, but will also allow for another layer of gameplay and tactics.
- Winning Team Showcase: After the final round, the winning team’s Operators will be displayed to both the winning and losing teams, and an MVP for the match will be crowned for the ultimate bragging rights.
Season Pass holders will receive the new Navy SEAL operators instantly while non-Season Pass owners will have to unlock them using earned Renown currency or R6 Credits starting on May 18th.