Watch Dogs 2 is coming and it's coming next month, on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC and today I'm here to give you the info you need to know to run Watch Dogs 2 on the PC. Here are the minimum and recommended specs for all you wonderful PC gamers out there wanting to indulge straight from the Ubisoft website.
|Supported OS||Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10||Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10|
|Processor||Intel Core i5 2400S @ 2.5 GHz | AMD FX 6120 @ 3.5 GHz||Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHz | AMD FX 8120 @ 3.9 GHz|
|GPU||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2GB) | AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or better||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3GB) or better | AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or better|
|Peripherals||Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse, Microsoft Xbox One Controller, Dual Shock 4 Controller||Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse, Microsoft Xbox One controller, Dual Shock 4 controller|
|Internet Connection||256 Kbps or faster broadband connection||256 Kbps or faster broadband connection|
The additional features for the PC version of Watch Dogs 2 are quite extensive, and it looks as though a lot of effort has been put into the PC version from Ubisoft.
• 4K support
• Stuttering/lag framerate optimization – We employed a fix that makes all controls much more responsive and less framerate-related. We’ve optimized resource creation, GPU VRAM upload and required VRAM for the game.
• No FPS cap
• Full SLI/Crossfire support at launch
• Multiple save file support – This feature allows players to have up to three auto save slots for three separate playthroughs.
• Multi-monitor support with borderless mode and advanced settings that allow for customized placement of menu and HUD.
• Multiple windowed mode options – Windowed mode with flexible/resizable windows, multi-monitor borderless.
Improved Graphic Features
• Screen Space Reflections
• Headlight Shadows – Support for additional shadows from car headlights
• Extra Details Options – Increases the level of detail for all objects in the game, and adds more details to objects in the distance.
Improved Graphics Options
• FOV sliders
• Pixel Density sliders
• Sharpness sliders
• Ultra Textures pack available at launch
o Post Processing Anti-Aliasing options SMAA and FXAA
Improved Keyboard/Mouse controls
• Full adaptation with mouse and keyboard
• We’re using raw mouse input to reduce latency and use the Windows hardware cursor throughout the game without any additional signal filtering to smooth or accelerate mouse movement by default
• Advanced keyboard support – Keyboard hotkeys for every menu and app for faster access. Additionally, all hotkeys can be remapped.
• Mouse-centric UI – Any UI screen, menus or smartphone app supports full mouse interaction, so the player can finish any UI task with the mouse only. Everything is clickable and has appropriate button states.
• Toggle/Hold modes for different controls (aim, sprint, walk, inventory, etc.)
• Driving has been adapted to suit the keyboard controls, with adjustable steering sensitivity. Same goes for driving camera sensitivity and auto-centering camera behavior
• On-the-fly switching between mouse and keyboard to gamepad, without any additional options, UI will just switch to gamepad mode
• Supported gamepads: Xbox One controller, PlayStation 4 DualShock controller
All in all, with the promise of unlimited FPS, 4K support, as well as improved support for kb/m and the ability to use either the Xbox One or PS4 controllers, on the face of it you'd be forgiven for thinking that Ubisoft are valuing their PC audience maybe a little more than their console counterparts. However, what do you think? Let us know in the comments below, the RGM Forums or on Twitter.