The reboot of Need for Speed arrived on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC earlier this month. Playing this franchise again after years away from it I wondered what had kept me away so long. This recent instalment graphically is stunning. You often catch yourself crashing because you are spending more time looking at the attention that has been paid to the details in things like the rain splashing back up off the road than you do watching where you are going.
If you haven’t had a chance to experience the reboot yet, today only you can pick up a physical copy from Amazon for only $39.99 with free postage.
- Internet Connection Required: You will need a persistent internet connection. Need for Speed is committed to being a live service so they can deliver an ongoing experience that is constantly changing and evolving. Need for Speed will include free content updates and challenges as an ever-present ways for you to earn rewards and continually explore the game.
- Five Ways to Play: Need for Speed returns with Five Ways to Play – Speed, Style, Build, Crew and Outlaw, enabling you to earn reputation and ultimately win your way. Combine all five to create that perfect Need for Speed moment; driving insanely fast, sliding through a corner in your customized ride alongside your friends, whilst being chased by the cops.
- Rich Authentic Customization: Build a car that reflects your character through extensive visual and performance customization. With hand-picked iconic cars, the hottest authentic after-market brands, performance tuning, and personalized handling. Set up your ride and hit the streets.
- Narrative: Five distinctive overlapping stories each inspired by a real world icon. Every choice, every second, every minute propels your playing experience on your journey to become the ultimate icon.
- West Coast Urban Setting: From dusk till dawn, discover an open world of urban car culture you never knew existed. Our stunning new world that combines the power of the new consoles and a supercharged game engine in Frostbite to deliver a rich open world environment with roughly twice the drivable roads of Need for Speed Rivals.