Fallout 4 is only a few days away and if you have digitally pre-ordered and pre-loaded Bethesda has some important information to share regarding a potential issue with your copy of the game. This appears to be the same issue seen with Halo 5: Guardians where the placeholder version of the game on the Xbox Games Store called a “stub file” requires an update.
If you digitally pre-ordered before October 27 and DO NOT use the Instant on power mode feature on your Xbox One console then you may have an incorrect “stub file”. If you pre-ordered and pre-loaded Fallout 4 after October 27 you should have all necessary updates and you will be able to access the game once it launches on November 10.
Do not fret however, as long as you follow the steps below you will be good to go and enjoying Fallout 4 on launch day.
Here is what you need to do:
- Navigate to My Games & Apps.
- Find the title’s tile in Games.
- With the tile highlighted, press the [Menu] button on your controller.
- Select Manage Game.
- In the Manage Game screen, select the storage device the game is currently installed to.
- Select Uninstall.
- Once the game has uninstalled, return to My Games & Apps.
- Scroll right to the “Ready to Install” section under Games.
- Highlight the title’s tile.
- Press [A] to select.
- Choose Install.