Aluminum in Fallout 4 can be hard to come by. It’s also expensive to buy a shipment from a trader in the game. You need it to upgrade to the best mods for just about every piece of gear in the Commonwealth. So, as a player in the Wasteland, what are your options?
Well, you have several. Check out the video below:
If you’re unable to view the video, here are the details:
- Know what kinds of items often contain aluminum. (Aluminum cans, TV trays, surgical trays, and cake pans are the most common).
- Know where to find those kinds of items. It’s easy to figure this out – where would you expect to find the above items? (Your best bet is locations like hospitals and diners/kitchens).
- Figure out which locations will respawn materials after a time away from them. Make notes, so you know which will, and which won’t.
- You can purchase items containing aluminum from traders in the wasteland. Build general supply trading booths in your settlements to make sure you have a way to buy aluminum when you need it right away.
- At a last resort, you can purchase a shipment of aluminum from select traders. It’s expensive, and not worth it in my opinion, especially when you have all the options above.
Hopefully these tips will make upgrading your armor, weapons, and power armor easier in Fallout 4. If you have any other tips to add, please let us know in the comment section below.