The PlayStation Blog has revealed that in less than the past 12 months, the PlayStation Music app has been downloaded over 11 million times with a total of over 190 million hours of music being listened to via the Spotify app.
This makes the PlayStation Music app on the of most downloaded apps in PlayStation’s history.
A top 10 list has also been released, detailing which songs have been the most in demand throughout 2015:
- 679 (feat. Remy Boyz) — Fetty Wap
- Know Yourself — Drake
- Nasty Freestyle — T-Wayne
- See You Again (feat. Charlie Puth) — Wiz Khalifa
- Hotline Bling — Drake
- Trap Queen — Fetty Wap
- Watch Me (Whip / Nae Nae) — Silentó
- Post To Be (feat. Chris Brown & Jhene Aiko) — Omarion
- B**** Better Have My Money — Rihanna
- The Hills — The Weeknd
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Destiny, FIFA 15 and NBA 2K15 were some of the top games for background music in 2015 which is actually quite a surprise.
This clearly demonstrates though just how popular this feature is among gamers.
Congratulations PlayStation Music.