EA has revealed details of free content that will be landing in Star Wars: Battlefront, along with details about the upcoming DLC packs.
To start with, the first wave of free content will be arriving tomorrow and will contain:
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We’ll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
There will be more free content headed to the game in the February update as well in the form of a new Survival mission on Hoth, a new Hoth multiplayer map to support larger games modes including Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point, plus Turning Point will also be added to all maps that support Walker Assault and Supremacy.
The March update will see the addition of a new multiplayer map on Endor, more free content and the promise of further updates to make Star Wars: Battlefront even better.
Now moving on to the Season Pass.
Details have finally been revealed regarding the contents of the Season Pass and when we can expect the first pack to land. Here is the revealed contents and expected time frames:
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Outer Rim (March 2016) – Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Bespin (Summer 2016) – It’s hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.
You don’t have to be a Season Pass holder to purchase this DLC, you can pick up each pack individually as they are released.
So that is quite a significant amount of content headed to the game for all, not just Season Pass holders, which is fantastic.
I look forward to seeing you on the Battlefront.