If your New Year’s Resolution for 2016 was to pick more pockets, you’re in luck.
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited publisher Bethesda has announced “Thieves Guild,” the first downloadable content (DLC) pack for the game.
According to a press release on the Bethesda blog, in the new DLC the “Thieves Guild of Abah’s Landing, an organization of pickpockets, burglars, robbers, and thieves, is being hunted by a mercenary guard force known as the Iron Wheel. This relentless organization will stop at nothing to see the guild brought to justice for a high-stakes heist that went horribly wrong. As their newest recruit, you’ll sneak along rooftops, steal from the shadows, and recover lost treasures to help to restore the guild’s reputation.”
In line with Bethesda’s previous updates, Thieves Guild will come in two parts – the DLC game pack, and the base game patch. Here’s what players can expect from the new game pack:
- “Play dirty and get away clean” with the iconic Thieves Guild for the first time in ESO
- Hew’s Bane, a new zone that is available to characters of all levels and home of Abah’s Landing, the Thieves Guild headquarters, located in the southern peninsula of Hammerfell
- Hours of exciting new story content and quests that will take you through all your favorite areas of Tamriel
- A challenging, new 12-player trial: Maw of Lorkhaj
- Formidable new group bosses and delves to conquer
- The addition of new criminal activities
- A new passive skill line exclusive to members of the Thieves Guild
- Unique costumes, motifs, and item sets inspired by the devious Thieves Guild
Bethesda also released details for the upcoming base game patch:
- A 64-bit client for PC and Mac
- Improvements to grouping including incentives and cross-alliance grouping outside of the Grouping Tool
- Tons of combat and gameplay balance changes
- Scrolling combat text (SCT)
- Improvements and updates to Cyrodiil and its campaigns
- Access to content from other alliances in any order you choose upon reaching Veteran Rank 1
- Prioritization of animations during combat
- Improved facial animations for Mac
- …and more!
To celebrate the announcement of the DLC, Bethesda released a trailer for “Thieves Guild.” Check it out below:
Unfortunately, no official release date has been set for the DLC. We will keep you posted when that information is made public. Until then, “Play dirty, and get away clean.”