Mankind is not alone in the Fallout universe. We’ve known this for awhile, even before Fallout 3’s downloadable content Mothership Zeta.
It should come as little surprise, then that there is an alien weapon in Fallout 4. It can be a little difficult to find (there’s only one in the game), so here’s a quick guide to locating the unique weapon:
If you’re unable to view the video, here are the details:
- First, find Oberland Station. It’s East of the Water Treatment Plant and South of the Beantown Brewery. Look for the railroad tracks, and you should have no problem locating it. Oberland Station is a customizable settlement, and you can access the workshop there after completing a mission for the settlers.
- If you venture Southeast from Oberland Station, you’ll see trees on fire (this is easily visible at night). The reason for the fire is obvious if you look around enough – there’s a crashed space ship located nearby.
- Once you’ve located the ship, look for blood. Because it’s alien blood, it’s green (naturally). Follow the blood trail to a small, unmarked cave. If you’re having trouble finding the cave, it’s due East of Oberland Station.
- Inside the cave, you’ll find the alien resting against the cave wall. When he spots you, he will attack. There is no way to avoid this.
- Kill the alien, and take his pistol and ammo.
Thankfully, the alien has a significant supply of ammunition for his gun. If you run out – don’t worry, the weapon can be modded, just like other Fallout 4 guns. The ammo mod changes the ammunition type to fusion cell (at the expense of damage) and changes the magazine capacity from 42 to 63 (although the description incorrectly says it actually lowers magazine capacity). Damage on the weapon is middling at best (50 damage without any perks), but it’s a fun gun to add to your arsenal – especially if you’re still a low-level explorer.