Shadow Complex was originally released August 19th, 2009 and was developed by EPIC Games and ChAIR Entertainment, and published by Microsoft Studios for the Xbox 360.
Today, you can play the remastered version on Steam for only $14.99. That completes the release cycle of the platforms planned to receive Shadow Complex Remastered.
Powered by Unreal Engine technology, the “modern and masterful side-scroller” Shadow Complex became an instant classic when initially released in 2009, exclusively for Xbox 360. The fan favorite won more than 50 Game of the Year and Editor’s Choice Awards and was one of the most popular console games of the year. Shadow Complex Remastered features all the great content from the original game updated with exciting new enhancements and achievements to support its debut on Steam.
Giant Bomb – “5 out of 5 Stars – Amazing from start to finish!”
IGN – “The classic, exploration-heavy gameplay is a winner.”
GameSpot – “An incredible adventure that won’t be forgotten.”
Worthplaying – “A love letter to Super Metroid”
Game Play Overview:
ChAIR’s fresh twist on classic side-scrolling design with modern, cutting-edge gameplay is amplified in Shadow Complex Remastered, featuring all the content from the award-winning original game, updated with graphical enhancements, all-new dynamic melee take-downs, and additional Achievements and Master Challenges.
Through 10+ hours of exploration and fast-paced combat, you’ll discover game-altering power-ups to overcome obstacles, thwart legions of enemies, and delve further into a mysterious and challenging, non-linear game world.
Core Game Play Elements:
– Original single-player experience inspired by classic non-linear exploration side-scrolling genre
– Open world design that evolves as the player explores and progresses through the game
– Huge, mysterious game world populated with legions of enemies, challenges, and jaw-dropping boss battles
– Dozens of unique game-altering power-ups and more than 100 additional items and enhancements to discover
– Intense game play infused with a compelling action-thriller storyline
– Incredible graphics with robust physics, made possible by Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 3
– Bonus Proving Grounds game mode provides side-challenges to help players become the ultimate Shadow Complex master
– Up-rezzed characters, enemies, environments, and interface
– Updated lighting, post-processing, and visual effects
– New contextual melee take-downs
– New Achievements and Master Challenges
– Supports keyboard/mouse and PC controller with customizable controller and key bindings, and up to 4K resolution support
Shadow Complex propels lost hiker Jason Fleming into the hollows of government conspiracy, dark political motives, and military upheaval. When Jason and his girlfriend Claire accidentally stumble upon a rogue paramilitary group called The Restoration, it soon becomes clear that the faction’s intent is to set in motion a chain of events that will cause America to collapse into a new civil war. Along the way, Jason acquires many high-tech “toys” The Restoration is developing, and eventually becomes a super-powered engine of destruction.