Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age will be released in 2017 for PlayStation 4 in Japan.
The game, originally released for PlayStation 2 in 2006, is being remastered and reports are that the new release which will be a HD version, will be based on Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System. Revamping character models and cut scenes are not all that the game has in store, it will feature auto-save, an improved turbo mode and of course shorter load time.
A list of the improvements are stated below:
- High-resolution upgrades for backgrounds, character models, and all 2D parts including fonts
- High-resolution upgrades for movie scenes
- Introduction of current generation visual expression
- 7.1ch surround support
- High-quality voice support
- English and Japanese voices (switch between them in the game configuration)
- Original and newly re-recorded BGMs (switch between them in the game configuration)
- Shorter load times
- Auto-save functionality added
- Improved high-speed mode and improved play time operability during high-speed mode
Although no report has been made about a western release date all Final Fantasy fans have something to look forward to in the coming year. Here is a teaser trailer of the upcoming game: