The new downloadable content (DLC) for Fallout 4 hasn’t been running well on Playstation 4, according to developer/publisher Bethesda.
Players having issues with Far Harbor are advised to re-download the content. Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting the new DLC working:
- Confirm Fallout 4 is not running. Highlight Fallout 4 in your PS4 dashboard, press OPTIONS, and select CLOSE APPLICATION to ensure Fallout 4 is not running minimized.
- Select RELATED ITEMS. You’ll find this under the Fallout 4 icon in the PS4 dashboard.
- Select MY ADD-ONS.
- Navigate to the DOWNLOAD ARROW next to Far Harbor and select it.
- You should see a notice that Far Harbor has been Added to Downloads.
- Wait for the downloadable content to finish downloading and installing before starting Fallout 4.
Bethesda says this should address the issues preventing North American PS4 players from enjoying Far Harbor. The company has promised a similar fix for players in the European Union.
It’s not clear why Bethesda went the route of releasing an updated version of the expansion, instead of just patching it.
We’ll update you when the company makes an announcement for EU players.