Today a new Xbox One Preview Program update has been rolled out. As per usual it is packed full with changes, additions and fixes, of which you can find the full details below.
To access the update, if it has not installed for you:
• If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
• NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Console info & updates.
• If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PDT 7/15/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
Here are all the details of the update:
OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1608.160711-2017
Available: 6:00PM PDT 7/13 (1:00AM GMT 14/7)
Thanks for helping us test the latest Xbox One update! We’re eager to show off the new features and experiences we’ve been working on. We’ve noted below a few important things to be aware of before you jump in.
• Certain content (games, apps, DLC) purchased in the new Store may only be available on consoles enrolled in the latest Preview update. This means…
• Games purchased on a console running the latest Preview update can only be played on that console or other consoles running the latest Preview update.
• Games purchased via Xbox.com can be played on any console.
• Games purchased on a console running the previous update can be played on any console.
• Certain parental control features aren’t functioning appropriately in the current build. As a result, we encourage users to exercise caution when letting children access a console that is using the latest Xbox One update until these issues are resolved.
• We’ve added several settings that are already found on Windows today. These include SmartScreen Filter, which sends URLs you visit in apps to Microsoft to check against a list of potentially harmful sites, and advertising ID, which helps Microsoft present you with more personalized ads in Universal Windows Apps. You can choose to turn these off and manage your preferences for how Xbox One uses your information in Settings.
Thanks for helping us test Cortana on Xbox One! We’ve received tons of excellent usage data and feedback, leading to dozens of improvements. While we continue to train Cortana, if you choose to opt out of Cortana, the “Xbox…” legacy voice command will be enabled.
If you choose to opt-out of Cortana, please be aware of the following:
o Headset voice control support will be disabled.
o Voice dictation will be disabled.
o Universal Windows apps voice features will no longer function.
o Only “Xbox…” legacy voice commands will be recognized.
If you wish to opt-out of Cortana and use the “Xbox…” legacy voice commands, launch the Guide, navigate to All Settings > System > Cortana settings, and flip the first toggle to Off.
At this time we’re also disabling Cortana for France, Italy, Germany, and Spain, as support for these regions was only planned to be available during this preview period. For now, please continue to use and give feedback on the “Xbox…” legacy voice commands in these regions.
This build contains additional fixes to address issues with notifications sometimes failing to appear (including for party invites, game invites, and unlocking achievements). If you encounter any further issues with notifications failing to appear, please submit feedback via Report a problem.
CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES
When watching a video with the Blu-Ray Player, the screen may dim after a short period of inactivity.
Movies & TV
When viewing a video in the Movies & TV app, the progress bar may fail to update when playing, rewinding, or fast forwarding.
• Users are able to select their own Gamertag at no charge once per account. After this you will be charged for future Gamertag changes. In the current update, any free Gamertag changes will complete successfully. Attempting to purchase a Gamertag change will charge your account, but will not change your Gamertag. Please avoid purchasing a Gamertag change on Xbox One at this time. To successfully change your Gamertag, visit https://account.xbox.com/ChangeGamertag.
• When selecting “Add new” to add a new profile, the add profile interface may take up to 30 seconds to appear.
• If this is your first time downloading an update which supports Cortana, upon powering on the console, the “Xbox…” legacy voice commands will still be recognized but any actions will fail.
Workaround: Launch Cortana from My games & apps or Snap Cortana from the Guide.
If you have pins on your Home to movies, TV shows, or music, they will disappear from Home when that app takes its new app update. The pins for the apps will stay on your Home, easy to get to.
My Games & Apps
You may encounter an error when attempting to load Ready to Install with a large number of digital games and apps.
Links to the Store in Community Calendar event details do not currently function.