PlayStation and Driveclub have done a great job of keeping this under warps for as long as they have, however they have now officially confirmed that Driveclub VR will be launching in 2016 exclusively for PlayStation VR.
Adding VR to a game that is already as graphically stunning as Driveclub is will certainly take the in-game immersion to the next level, providing an extremely unique driving experience in the comfort of your own home.
As someone who has spent many hours in Driveclub this is extremely exciting news, with my PSVR device on it’s way in a little over a month this is definitely one title that I will be adding to the mix.
The PlayStation Blog has provided a few more details from the team to give you an idea of exactly what you can expect:
- Game modes: Online virtual reality multiplayer race modes and an action-packed single player career are joined by drifting and time trial challenges
- Tracks: New and classic Driveclub tracks are brought to life through the power of PlayStation VR, including five all-new Urban locations
- A closer look: Every car is recreated with immaculate detail for players to explore up close with Inspection Mode
- Cruise control: A little time to kick back, open the throttle or just coast and explore any track, in any country at your leisure in Cruise Mode.
- Virtual passenger: An immersive thrill ride through exciting replays of hot laps as players watch themselves handle their greatest challenges from a unique viewpoint in Passenger Mode