Hold onto your axe! Warhammer End Times: Vermintide for PC has just received a substantial update which includes a number of tweaks and improvements to the game whilst also adding a new downloadable content pack titled “Quests and Contracts”.
Detailing the patch notes in the Steam Community Forums, ‘Quests and Contracts’ adds new ways to acquire “epic loot” and give you extra objectives to focus on, providing you have completed the game through to completion, as this is when the new content unlocks. Once unlocked, you can find new objectives on noticeboards in the game world, completing said quests will grant you new items and ‘boons’, these boons are temporary upgrades that aid your character for a limited time.
A trailer detailing the new content was also released:
As noted earlier, the new content also adds a wash of new fixes to the game, which can be seen below:
- Added Bounty Board to the Red Moon Inn: Visit the board to collect Quests and Contracts!
– Contracts: Gain rewards for completing specific objectives. Key Contracts also reward you with Quest progress
– Quests: Gain epic rewards for completing a certain number of Key Contracts
– Boons: Timed buffs which empower your heroes in various ways
- Made the UI Indicator for Grimoires much clearer
- Gutter Runners now lose targeting outline if they teleport away
- Added Lobby Browser button in Map
- Fixed an issue where dropped items from Loot Rats could end up in unreachable locations
- Fixed gritty looking stone textures on Black powder
- Fixed an issue where the end event on The Dungeons could occasionally take much longer than intended
- Fixed an issue where the screen effect from drinking potions could be overly blurry
- Fixed a crash which could occur when a bot was grabbed by a Packmaster
- Fixed a number of ledge issues on Summoner’s Peak
- Fixed a shading issue with the staircases on Castle Drachenfels
- Fixed several culling issues on Castle Drachenfels
- Fixed an issue with the end event on The Enemy Below
- Fixed a number of issues with sound cues for when hordes of enemies spawn
- Fixed an issue on Horn of Magnus where Rat Ogres could get stuck on a rooftop
- Fixed an issue where you could end up in the wrong location when hot-joining a session on Horn of Magnus
- Fixed a misaligned roof prop on Horn of Magnus
- Fixed an issue where certain items would spawn in the air on Black Powder
- Fixed a number of culling issues on Wizard’s Tower
- Fixed an issue where on Town Meeting where you could be dragged by a Packmaster to a location where you would get stuck
- Fixed an art issue with Volley Crossbow
- Lots of other minor fixes from closed and open beta.
There hasn’t been any word as yet, as to when (or if) the content will be made available for consoles.
New, free content is always good. Will it pull you in? Or are you already playing and welcome a chance to have to play with in Vermintide? Let us know in the comments below or on the RGM Forums.