I celebrate weirdness. Games especially are fantastic for being weird, more so because they are able to be fantastical and ‘out there’. Enter I am Bread.
Probably one of the most ‘out there’ games of recent memory. Running in the same veins of the likes of Goat Simulator, I am Bread is a ‘bread simulation’ game where you take control of a slice of bread (obviously). I do question some of the physics in this game; I’m not sure a slice of bread would be able to move as it does. See for yourself in this trailer below:
Sound the crumpets, Windows Central have confirmed that this toast-ally weird-looking title is heading to Xbox One on January 20th. I do feel that even though I am not entirely sold on the game, I knead to give it a go. I’ll stop whilst I’m on a roll.
The game has the following “unbaguettable” features in the PS4 version. Although not confirmed we should assume that they will be similar:
- Story Mode: Embark on an epic journey to become toast! Take on all hazards to deliciousness as you embark on your adventure throughout the home of an unsuspecting owner: from the kitchen, through the house, to the lounge, and then venture outside into the garden and beyond.
- Cheese Hunt: Realize the destiny of crisp-bread as you hunt down pieces of cheese to smother yourself in. Can you find all the pieces before you crack up?
- Bagel Race: Satisfy your taste for speed and bagels as you race across the checkpoints in each level and complete the tracks in the fastest possible time.
- Rampage: Cause as much destruction as possible throughout the house as you smash everything in sight as (possibly) angry baguette. Mon dieu!
- Zero-G: Literally bread in space! Make studious use of your bread boosters as you maneuver across environments with no gravity, avoiding all the floating hazards this entails in Zero-G mode.
- Free-play: Explore the world and play as any of the bread types you have unlocked, having crumby fun in your own sweet time.
You’ll have to wheat and seed if the game is worth owning on Xbox One. Though it is possible that there are reviews already out there you can use to bake your decision. It looks pretty won-dough-ful.