So it seems Easter is going to be a nostalgia ridden time for gamers everywhere. Not only do we get the awesome looking Yooka-Laylee, channelling N64 era platforming. But now we get a The Disney Afternoon Collection as well.
Although there could be a snappier title, The Disney Afternoon Collection is a collection of six retro console games. Taking its name from the afternoon TV shows shown by Disney back in the 90s it is Six classic retro titles from the around the 8-bit era. It brings together some classic well-loved titles. All rendered in shiny 1080p with loads of new features.
Check out the new announcement trailer from YouTube here:
The Disney Afternoon Collection lets you play the following six titles:
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers – This classic lets players team up with a friend in co-op play as they assume the roles of the mischievous Chip and Dale as they take on memorable villain Fat Cat and attempt to solve the mystery of a missing kitten.
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Fat Cat has escaped and his plans are even more dastardly this time. The titular heroes and supporting cast Monterey Jack, Gadget, and Zipper must stop Fat Cat from his evil dream of world domination!
- Darkwing Duck – Play as the original caped crusader and fight a city full of criminals from the infamous F.O.W.L. organization in this action-packed platforming epic.
- DuckTales – In this iconic platforming adventure, players help Scrooge McDuck fill his feathery pockets with vast riches from across the world.
- DuckTales 2 – The sequel to the original game comes jam-packed with more action and an even bigger caper set in new locations like the Bermuda Triangle and Niagara Falls!
- TaleSpin – Take to the skies as Baloo the bear navigates his plane through exotic and dangerous locations in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up.
The Disney Afternoon Collection will not only add new visuals but some new features too:
- Boss Rush mode – each game will have this mode and allow you to challenge each of the game’s bosses one after the other. The goal, to get the best time possible.
- Time Attack mode – self-explanatory, you try to complete the game as quick as possible and climb to the top of the leaderboard.
- Rewind – these classics were notorious for being a challenge. For newcomers, a rewind feature has been included, allowing players to reverse time throughout the game, helping you recover from a mistake you may have made.
- Disney Museum – get a look behind the scenes of the games with access to concept art, character art, music and more.
The collection will release on 18th April 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. It will release as a digital download and retail for $19.99 / £15.99/ €19.99.
Personally, I am very much looking forward to this, if only for Darkwing Duck. It was one of my favorite cartoons when I was young. Who doesn’t want to play as “the terror that flaps in the night” again?
What do you think? Will you be picking up this retro bargain? Let us know in the comments below, the RGM Forums or on Twitter. Feel free to share this article on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest or Reddit using the buttons available!