Good news heroes and wannabe heroes. Marvel Heroes Omega has just been confirmed to be coming to consoles this Spring. And there’s a waft of information available. Luckily, we have pulled it all together to make it nice and easy for you.
First off, check out the announcement trailer from the Marvel Heroes forums below:
The new title, originally on PC, will be making the jump to PS4 and Xbox One over the coming months. From reading through the Marvel Heroes FAQ, it appears that the releases between machines will be staggered. We have put together all the questions around this announcement from the FAQs below for your convenience (because we’re nice like that).
Will there be a closed beta? When will it begin?
- The PlayStation 4 closed beta for Marvel Heroes Omega is scheduled to begin soon.
How can I access the PS4 Closed Beta?
- Players interested in joining the PlayStation 4 closed beta for Marvel Heroes Omega can select from a variety of Founder’s Packs for sale on the PlayStation Store to secure continued closed beta access — and can be purchased online via the [official PlayStation Store], through the PlayStation 4 console, or on the official Marvel Heroes Omega [website]. As an added bonus to everyone who takes the time to participate, all closed beta players, regardless of whether or not they purchased a Founder’s Pack, can look forward to receiving Daredevil, the Devil of Hell’s Kitchen, for free.
Will there be any bonuses for PlayStation Plus members?
- PlayStation Plus members can also look forward to a variety of perks during the closed beta, including a free “Man Without Fear” costume for Daredevil, discounts on in-game currency purchases, and other limited-time exclusive access to select Heroes. We will have more news regarding Xbox Live members in the near future.
Will there be an Early Access program?
- We have plans for a PlayStation 4 Early Access program, scheduled to begin on near the end of our closed beta. Founder’s Pack purchasers and closed beta participants who purchase Gs will have access to this Early Access window.
Will there be a character wipe at the end of the beta?
- We are currently planning for a player wipe near the end of our PlayStation 4 closed beta. Player progress will be reset along with any Eternity Splinter purchases, but any Gs purchased will be returned once Marvel Heroes Omega hits open beta.
What about the Xbox One closed beta?
* We also have plans for an Xbox One closed beta. Keep an eye on official Marvel Heroes Omega channels for more details and dates.
How many heroes will be available at launch?
- 38 Heroes will be available at launch, including Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Storm, Deadpool, and more! Players can also collect hundreds of costumes and Heroes from their favorite Marvel Teams, including the X-Men, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and more. Iron Fist and War Machine will be exclusive to the Founder’s Pack for a 6-month period.
What modes will be available?
- Chapters 1-9: Take the fight to Doctor Doom and the trickster god Loki in our fantastic nine-chapter story campaign.
- Operations: In just a matter of minutes you and a group of friends can defeat super villains and foil their schemes.
- Midtown Patrol: Defend Midtown Manhattan from the unrelenting onslaught of villains and their minions.
- Danger Room: Enter the famous X-Men training simulator, featuring randomized missions, bosses, and hazards.
- Legendary Missions: Once you’ve completed the story you have access to missions to acquire Legendary Marks of Odin which allows you to purchase Legendary Items.
- Heroic, Superheroic and Cosmic trials: To get the best loot, you have to play on the harder difficulties. These trials make sure that you are truly ready to tackle those challenges.
Why will Marvel Heroes on Console launch with less content than what Marvel Heroes on PC has now?
- By narrowing our focus and scope, the Marvel Heroes team can ensure the best possible experience on console at launch. Don’t worry, we plan regular additions and updates!
Will my progress/characters/anything transfer over to PlayStation 4 or Xbox One?
- There are no plans for any transfers from PC to Console.
What kind of support and content do you have planned for consoles?
- We have a team dedicated to bringing content onto all platforms. Our first patch on the PlayStation 4 will focus on resolving any major bugs and taking in feedback. The major patch we have planned is first is to focus on the social aspect of our game. We will have more updates for you on our forums, website, and social media in the near future.
Will PC and console players be able to play together?
- Due to the differences from our PC version to our console versions, the ability to play across platforms is not available.
When does Closed Beta begin for PS4? How do I gain access to the Closed Beta?
- Players can expect a Marvel Heroes Omega closed beta program before the title officially enters open beta later this spring. Expect more news and details on official Marvel Heroes Omega channels.
Why is the PS4 release separate from the Xbox One release?
- While we like to think big at Gazillion, the fact of the matter is that we are a comparably smaller studio. Staggering our releases on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will ensure we deliver the best possible experience for players on both platforms.
So there you have it, lots of new information to sink your teeth into. A free title is always nice to have a dabble with, and a Marvel one at that! It looks interesting for sure. I never gave the PC version a go, but I will certainly be keeping an eye on this in the future. It reminds me of Marvel Ultimate Alliance, which is certainly no bad thing.
Do you like the look of Marvel Heroes Omega? Let us know what you think in the comments below, the RGM Forums or on Twitter. Feel free to share this article on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pintrest or Reddit!