Good news everyone! The spiritual successor to the fabled Banjo-Kazooie, Yooka-Laylee, is nearly upon us. Even better news! It will receive patch in time for release to optimize some issues that have been found since it has been printed. Details on the Yooka-Laylee day one patch can be seen below.
The update, as detailed on Eurogamer, resolves a number of glitches and improves general performance. Of the fixes, a notable one is the updates to the camera. Something reviewers are reporting is not brilliant at times.
Here is the complete update that is available now on Xbox One and coming to PC and PS4 before launch:
- [Fixed] Camera will become locked in place after completing Gravity Room challenge in Galleon
- [Fixed] Grappling the seeds as they break in Planker’s challenge causes erratic behaviour in Moodymaze Marsh
- [Fixed] Game softlocks and has to be reset if the player leaves the course and faints during the Nimble race in Tribalstack Tropics
- [Fixed] Softlock will sometimes occur on the Hub C slide if the player faints at the same moment as the timer reaching zero
- [Fixed] If the player leaves Brreeeze Block’s room in the Icymetric Palace in Glitterglaze Glacier but remains in the world and returns to the same room then the isometric camera will be deactivated
- [Fixed] If player is killed by a bizzy in hub B and knocked back into the archive door at the exact same time, the screen will still transition. When the player respawns, they will be unable to move
- Performance improvements to various camera transitions in the introductory cut scene
- Performance improvements to Shipwreck Creek and Hivory Towers. Various areas have been improved including camera movement
- Performance improvements when using the light beam in the Icymetric Palace within Glitterglaze Glacier
- Some performance improvements during the House of Cards ball roll course in Capital Cashino
- Performance improvements in the Bee-Bop arcade game
On top of all that fixing goodness, it seems there may well be a release date for the Nintendo Switch version of the platformer. Fortunately it doesn’t seem to be too long after April 11th (the release date for PC, Xbox One and PS4). According to Gamerant, Yooka-Laylee will release on Switch on May 2nd 2017. Although we will need to wait for an official announcement from Playtonic Games and Team17 to be sure.