Blasphemous is the perfect example of a new original IP that peaks our interest here at RGM. We do love ourselves some horror games!
Here is what you can expect from the game:
- Blasphemous is an action-platformer that combines the fast-paced, skilled combat of a hack & slash game, with a deep and evocative narrative core, delivered through rewarding exploration of 2D open-world made of non-linear levels
- Incredible handmade pixel art, featuring large sprites with smooth animations, crafted entirely by hand, pixel by pixel, frame by frame.
- Evocative narrative: Blasphemous’ levels are not just platforms; they tell a story to those who are interested, but this doesn’t get in the way of those who don’t seek it.
- A great focus on combat mechanics, meticulously crafted so every push of a button delivers a rush of dopamine directly to your brain.
- Explore a huge, nightmarish land, a universe that feels open, delivered through a non-sequential level design that puts you in control of where to go next.
Developed by the makers of The Last Door, Spanish-based developers The Game Kitchen are looking for support on Kickstarter.com.
The concept art and in-game animations on the Kickstarter page are horrifying and beautiful. Combined with the first theme of the soundtrack, this is definitely one game that will keep some gamers up at night!
Folks looking for a darker Castlevania-style game should definitely keep their eyes out for this one. While Blasphemous is in development for PC, Mac and Linux, their stretch goals include PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch and PS Vita. What do you think? Sound off in the comments below and if you like what you see, be sure to support this indie developer!