Good news racing fans. A new Need for Speed is racing towards us and should be here by the end of 2017. If you’re a fan of the series, this is exciting news for sure. In anticipation of the new release, the developers, Ghost Games, have let out a few tidbits of information to whet our appetites.
Making an announcement over on the Need for Speed website, they confirm that the new racer is due for release this year. More information will be available at a reveal during ‘EA Play’ in June; EA’s event that takes place around the same time as E3. Looking at the image they let out alongside this information (see above), it could well be June 2nd that we learn more.
In the brief post, there were a number of nuggets of information for us to digest:
- Ghost Games are committing to customization in the upcoming title “and beyond”, whatever that means (presumably DLC or future titles).
- Cops will be making a return it seems and it sounds like they are going to be even more of a nuisance than in the 2015 reboot.
- Ghost Games are teasing a “a beautiful world” and “the space to do what you want”.
- The developers are excited about what you may be able to do in the environment, perhaps they are looking at encouraging sharing of your exploits in the game.
- The game will be completely playable offline (single player) and you’ll be able to pause the game. This might seem a little odd for a feature; there was a fair amount of backlash from gamers of the previous title. Always online meant that you couldn’t pause the game unless you came out of it. Always online is always contentious unless you sporting flawless internet that never crashes ever! (Does it even exist?)
The last Need for Speed game released in 2015 on Xbox One, PC and PS4.
Are you looking happy to see a new Need for Speed game? Let us know in the comments below, on the RGM Forums or on Twitter. Feel free to share this article on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pintrest or Reddit!