At their E3 Spotlight presentation, Nintendo have revealed some information on what we can expect from the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DLC when it launches.
Taking to the “stage”, Eiji Aonuma, gave us our first in-game look at what is coming for season pass holders, starting very soon.
You can check out the reveal trailer below:
Two DLC packs have been detailed, one launching at the end of the month and the other, by the end of the year.
- The Master Trials – June 30th: looks to offer a number of different modes and new challenges to test you as an adventurer. This DLC includes:
- “Trial of the Sword”, a mode where you look to be stripped of all your equipment and must scavenge to survive in a whole new area of challenges.
- “Hero’s Path Mode” – this will allow you to see where you’ve been on the map as it will begin to track your movements. You can track down those missing shrines easier then.
- New Armor – including Majora’s Mask!!! (And Tingle, if that’s your thing).
- Korok Mask – which allows you to track down those sneaky hiding Koroks.
- “Master Mode” – a hard mode essentially, you can start a new game save and take on the game with an increased difficulty level. Enemies will be more difficult from the off and there will be new ways for them to attack you.
- The Champions Ballad – Holidays 2017: less is known about this DLC. The trailer features the four champions, the riders of the divine beasts, but to what end is currently unclear. Nintendo did announce that there will be four new Amiibos releasing around the same time as the DLC which will work in the Breath of the Wild.
The DLC packs are currently only available through the expansion pass, they are not being sold separately as it stands. Though the total cost of the expansion pass isn’t wholly upsetting, it seems like there is a lot of bang for your buck for sure.
Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Be sure to keep it here on RGM for more news as we get it.