The Fall Update for Xbox One begins roll-out today with a long list of new features to take advantage of.
Starting with your home screen, you will now have much more freedom over customization, organization and general layout.
The Guide is also getting an overhaul with a focus on getting you into games and chat with your friends’ faster, reduction of loading times, and ease of use tweaks.
For those who hate missing an important notification while you’re away from the screen, time-sensitive activities and status are now visible from a distance.
A detailed list of changes and enhancements has been included below from Major Nelson:
You can personalize your “Home” more than ever before: You can…
- Make Home uniquely yours. Add your favorite games, friends, Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass, and more directly to your Home screen with a new concept that we call blocks. Once you’ve added blocks, you can remove or change the order of the blocks as you see fit.
- Have up to 40 pins! All these pins will appear in the Pin block on Home, as well as the Pins flyout in the new Guide!
- Easily discover new things, such as friend activities, leaderboards, LFG posts, tips, quick links to Game Hubs, across both your console and Xbox Live at the top of Home.
- Choose dark, light, or high-contrast theme option in Settings.
You’ll experience a fast, powerful and convenient Guide:
- It’s now faster and easier to move left and right through horizontal tabs with the left thumb stick or bumpers.
- When you bring up Guide while in an active party or broadcast, Guide will automatically open the party or broadcast section by default for faster access to controls.
- New “Friends in games” flyout informs you of friends playing the same game.
- Game invites wills how up in the Multiplayer tab of the guide.
- The new Tournaments section in the Multiplayer tab of the Guide provides a quick portal into the official and community tournaments that you’ve joined. Enjoy more Xbox Arena tournament options with the addition of new titles.
Don’t worry about missing any actions when you step away from your console:
- With the enhanced notification system, when your Xbox One is idle, time-sensitive activities and status are visible from far away.
- The screen-dimming functionality has also been updated to better prevent screen ghosting, both when the screen is dimmed and when it’s showing notification snapshots of what’s happening on Xbox Live.
- The newly redesigned Game Hub Welcome tab now features a summary of all the great content around the game on one page.
- Profiles now enable faster access to recent activity. You can now easily manage who sees your activity feed content through the “Others can see your activity feed” privacy setting.
- See more content at a glance with new Community feed, and view screenshots and game clips in an immersive, full-screen view.
The Fall Update roll-out beings today however not everyone will receive it right away. The roll-out will occur over the next few days across all regions.