While Sea of Thieves has been in playable alpha for some time, a lot of players have been wondering exactly how progressing your character will work in Rare’s ambitious title. Many of those types of questions have just been answered in this new video, which details progression in Sea of Thieves and how you’ll build your pirate legend.
Take a look at the walkthrough right here:
Wow, that is a lot of exciting new info. If you don’t want to watch the video, here’s a recap:
- You can work with players in crews of up to four players, or strike out on your own
- Quests, or “Voyages” are represented by scrolls that are physical objects in the game
- Trading Companies make up the various factions
- Three Trading Companies have been revealed; The Gold Hoarders, The Merchant Alliance and The Order of Souls
- Multiplayer is seamless and progression is focused around customization
Rare seems to be addressing players’ complaint well with all this new info. I imagine we’ll be learning quite a bit more as the next couple of months go by. Remember, Sea of Thieves releases on March 20th, 2018 on Xbox One and Windows 10. It’ll be Xbox One X enhanced, and if you preorder you’ll get into the closed beta taking place before launch.