Total War: Warhammer II has been out for some time, with the Mortal Empires campaign update and many patches helping balance things out. Don’t get too comfortable though, as the first new race is being added soon. Stalking out from their desert dwellings, the Tomb Kings are coming to Total War: Warhammer II!
Check out the announcement trailer here:
This should definitely be an interesting shakeup, in both the Eye of the Vortex and Mortal Empires campaigns. Here’s a quick overview of everything coming in the Rise of the Tomb Kings race pack:
- New Tomb Kings Race playable in both the Eye of the Vortex and Mortal Empires campaigns
- Unique Race mechanics inspired by the Tomb Kings lore
- 4 new playable Legendary Lords: Settra the Imperishable, High Queen Khalida, Grand Hierophant Khatep and Arkhan the Black
- Gather the cursed Books of Nagash and win the battle for the Black Pyramid to achieve ultimate victory
- Uncover the mysteries of the past by researching the Nehekharan Dynasties
- Tap the Realm of Souls to regenerate your troops and summon Ushabti in battle
- Combine exotic trade goods and Canopic Jars – the Tomb Kings’ unique resource – to craft magic items and raise fabled Legions of Legend at the Mortuary Cult
- Comprehensive army roster featuring iconic units from the Warhammer Fantasy Battles world
If you’ve got any other questions about this upcoming expansion, you can check Creative Assembly’s blog post here. Rise of the Tomb Kings will release on January 23rd, 2018 for $18.99 USD. If you preorder the pack however, you’ll get 10% off.