As we all know the hugely popular PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) just keeps building momentum. We recently reported that on the Xbox One alone, PUBG has surpassed over 3 million players! Very impressive stuff, especially for a game in ‘preview’/early access.
Developer Bluehole have been keen to keep improving the performance of the game on both Xbox One and PC. It certainly doesn’t feel like PUBG has only been out for just over a month on Microsoft’s console; especially considering that the sixth patch has now gone live. The developers are really working hard to keep working on the PUBG experience. Not only that, but the developers have also just made a new patch for the PC live on the test servers. Once they’ve been assessed to be stable they’ll be rolled out to all servers on the PC.
To make life easy for you, we’ve conveniently put both patch notes here for your information:
Xbox One Game Preview Patch Notes #6
- Auto-run function has been added (from a standstill, double clicking L3 [the left stick] will activate auto-run)
- Players can now drop equipped weapons with Y button when inventory screen is active
- Grenades can once again be cycled by tapping right on D-pad
- Players can now cancel casting actions while the inventory screen is active
- Continued optimizations and crash fixes
- Game controller guide has been updated
- Buildings around the Military Base have had their collision adjusted
- Camera shake when riding as a passenger in vehicles has been reduced
- Inventory character models have returned to their normal stance
- Fixed a camera issue created by unintended Aim Down Sights and Free Look interactions
- “A” button will no longer refresh game results screen
- Team UI will now correctly show the proper direction teammates are facing over larger distances
- Player changes to markers on the in-game map will now be properly applied to their teammate’s in-game map
- Fixed an issue where switching to throwables under certain conditions left the player empty-handed
- Adjusted character positioning when exiting vehicles and parachutes
The developers have asked for further feedback should you encounter any errors in-game, if so, you can report it at these links below:
PC v1.0 Update #3
- Introduced multiple pre-match starting areas on both maps in order to optimize the server and game client performance
- Removed weapons on starting island before the match start
- Applied new Russian, Japanese and Chinese (simplified/traditional) fonts
- Fixed the issue where players were able to slide-jump from prone
In the PC update, the developers are also trialling a new security (anti-cheat) measure that is still under development. It is reported by the developers that some PCs may experience compatibility issues during this test, which may cause crashes when starting the game. If this happens to, the developers ask that you take a screenshot of the error screen and post it here.
It’s good to see these updates flow in on a regular basis. Especially on Xbox One, though a really addictive and awesome experience, it’s certainly a little rough at times. Thankfully it doesn’t detract from the fun and the updates will only add to that. Keep up the good work Bluehole!
How are you enjoying PUBG so far? Let us know in the comments below.