Ok hunters, grab your Palico, sharpen those swords and clear out that harvest box, as your going to need all the resources you can get your hands on! The Monster Hunter World Spring update has been revealed in detail during a live stream from Capcom.
Whilst many of us have been chasing our tails on the “A Simple Task” quest all week, thinking that it would unlock the Deviljho, it turns out that we had been led astray and Capcom have instead chosen to reveal details about the new monster and the spring update during a stream.
There is a lot of information in this update, from weapon balancing to general game enhancements, to new and active events. We have painstakingly pulled together all the info for you so you can get all the news you need in one place. So I’ve basically just paid for this quest with a meal voucher for you. You’re welcome, enjoy…………….
- Weapon balancing
- Quality of life changes
- Spring Blossom Festival
- Devil May Cry Event
- MegaMan Event
- A new Poogie costume
- Meatiest of Chops – community event
1. Weapon Balancing
- Increased damage for Charged Slash abilities
- Charged Slash II, Charged Slash III, Strong Charged Slash II, and Strong Charged Slash III
- Improvements to Foresight Slash input timing, hitbox detection and bug fix to Helm Breaker
- Foresight slash’s – longer window to successfully trigger
- An increased hitbox
- Increased damage
- Increased the angle that you can control the direction of the attack
- Bug fix for Spirit Helm Breaker – you will be immune to knockbacks until they land on the ground
Shield and Sword
- Stronger round slash and the ability to use wedge beetles with the weapon out.
- Increased stun damage for charged attacks.
- Charge Level 2 – Charged upswing and brutal upswing
- Charge Level 3 – Charged Big Bang
- Attack up when you stack on top of knock back protection
- The self-buff for horn which is done by pressing triangle twice
- Effect is “Attack Up+ Deflected Attack Prevention”
- Stronger wyvern blasts with less sharpness
- Shelling damage will increase when sharpness is yellow or below
- Decreased sharpness loss for Wyrmstake Cannon & Wyvern’s Fire attacks
- Increase damage for Wyrmstake Cannon & Wyvern’s Fire
- Zero sum discharge adjusted
- Level 4 earplugs on Zero Sum discharge
- Can chain sword – jumping element discharge into zero sum discharge
- Zero sum discharge finisher will have increase damage
- Mounted discharge finisher won’t cause sharpness loss
- Zero sum discharge bug fix
- Balance adjustments to impact and power element phials
- Attack power increases from effects other than of the artillery skill adjusted
- Super amped element discharge stun values for impact phials lowered
- Phial stun values increased for attacks apart from super amped element discharge
- Elemental values increased for all attack phials
- Power element phials explosions during super amped element discharge are closer together making it easier to hit the target
- Improvements to extract attack power and duration
- Improved the effects of the attack power increase for red/white and red/white/orange extract hybrid effects
- Extract times increased overall
- Extract effects times do no decrease while mounting a monster
- Changed to be easier to use
- Temporary knockback negation during a successful counter thrust
- Demon gauge is easier to maintain
- Demon gauge can be increased by demon mode round-slashes and demon fury rush
- Bug fix for demon mode where players couldn’t cancel demon mode when transitioning
- Bug fixes
- Dashing shot where spread/power shots skill effect was applied twice
- Dragon piercer where you could shoot past the attack angle limitations. Now shoots straight ahead when shot with the camera angle past the attacks angle limitations.
- No changes announced at the moment.
2. Quality of life changes
- Faster load times
- Ability to boot players from the gathering hall
- Adjustable subtitles size
- Added the “Text Size” setting for changing subtitle text size
- Ability to return to gathering hall after quest
- Added “Return to Gathering Hub” (single player) and “Disband & Return to Gathering Hub” (multiplayer)
- No flinching during monster carves
- Attacks from allies no longer affect you during carving. You are now immune to all hit reactions during carving after quest completion.
- Introduction of “Hunters Grooming Ticket” – Allows you to change the appearance of your character including gender. You will receive one ticket on March 16th so think wisely before using.
Whilst one of the major complaints in Monster Hunter World is that you can’t change your character’s name, it would seem that we will have to wait a while longer for the option to do that. You will be able to completely change your characters gender and appearance with the grooming ticket, however you still cannot change your hunters name or your palicos name and appearance.
3. Spring Blossom Festival
The Spring Blossom Festival is active from April 6th – 19th.
- Start -April 5th 5pm PT / April 6th 12am GMT
- End – April 18th 5pm PT / April 20th 12am GMT
New costumes, meals and rewards will be available during this festival. Instead of 1 lucky ticket you will receive 2 when you collect your login bonus for that day.
4. Devil May Cry Event
Armor pieces will be available to collect separately.
“You’ll get to fight hellish foes in Monster Hunter: World to earn this devious combination of the Force Edge and Alastor. In Monster Hunter, that weapon falls in the Charge Blade category, and typically features a hefty shield that, when combined with its matching sword, can turn into a massive axe. As you can see, we’re putting a bit of a DMC twist to the formula and leaving the shield out of the picture altogether (you’ll still be able to guard though) and instead of a sword turning into an axe, you’ll get a Force Edge that turns into a massive Alastor. I, for one, cannot wait to wield one of these and slash a Deviljho in the face… to see if it cries. Please stay tuned for more information on when this content will be available. It will be available to all Monster Hunter: World players; you just need to complete the right Event Quest when the time comes.”
5. MegaMan Event
Available for all from April 13th – 27th. This event will feature a tiny Odogaron and possibly the large crown one.
6. New Poogie costume
A new quest event will be available on April 6th which will give you the ability to unlock a new outfit for your poogie.
7. Meatiest of Chops – community event
During this event which runs from April 6th – 20th, you will be able to forge the Great Sword: Wyvern Ignition which is community created.
Vangis armor a and b along with a Deviljho tree for weapons is on the way. Look in the level 6 and 7 star quests when he arrives along with other high rank expeditions after your complete the “???Rathian” main story quest. Once you meet the criteria the new monster will unlock.
Thank you, that is all. Happy hunting.