The Fallout 76 Wastelanders NPCs release date has finally been announced. Headed to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC this April 7th, along with a surprise launch of the game on Steam.
Whilst many might be interested in making the switch from Bethesda.net to the Steam version you will need to keep a couple of things in mind:
- You can’t transfer your Atoms or Fallout 1st membership balance between Bethesda.net and Steam.
- Atoms are specific to the platform you earned them on.
- Items purchased via the Atomic Shop can be shared between PC platforms.
This update will be added to the game free of charge, you only need to own the base game to be able to play the new content. Players will be able to enjoy a new main story quest, a revised version of the original quest, and interact with a variety of new NPCs.
Along with the free update, Bethesda are also offering two new content bundles:
Raider Content Bundle
- Mine Car Planter – A small planter for your crops when no dirt is available (buildable in your C.A.M.P.)
- Raider C.A.M.P. – Change the look of your Vault-Tec C.A.M.P. deployable to give it a Raider edge
- Raider Stash Box – Raider-themed Stash box for your C.A.M.P.
- Raider Faction Flag – New flag for your C.A.M.P. that show off your allegiance to Crater
- Raider Pathfinder Outfit – Look like another resident of Crater with this outfit (includes mask and bandana)
- Raider Conquest Loot Bag – Raider-style Loot bag, complete with skull
- Raider Pillager Backpack – A Raider-style backpack
- Raider Marauder Power Armor Skin – Unique appearance for your Power Armor based on the Crater Raiders
Settler Content Bundle
- Garden Truckbed Trailer – A small planter for your crops when no dirt is available (buildable in your C.A.M.P.)
- Settler C.A.M.P. – Change the look of your Vault-Tec C.A.M.P. deployable to give it a Settler appearance
- Settler Stash Box – Settler-themed Stash box for your C.A.M.P.
- Settler Faction Flag – New flag for your C.A.M.P. that show off your allegiance to Foundation
- Settler Mechanic Outfit – Look like another resident of Foundation with this outfit (includes hat)
- Settler Traveler Loot Bag – Settler-style Loot bag that looks like a travel case
- Settler Relief Backpack – A Settler-style backpack
- Settler Vigilante Power Armor Skin – Unique appearance based on the Foundation Settlers
The Wastelanders update also brings with it new weapons, a new reputation system, dialogue choices that will affect your game, and new mutants.
Play Wastelanders, a free expansion for Fallout 76, when it releases for Steam, Bethesda.net, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 on April 7, 2020.
In Fallout 76: Wastelanders, people are now coming back to West Virginia. Two vying factions are struggling to gain the upper hand as the secrets of West Virginia are revealed.
The Settlers have come to find a new home, and the Raiders have come to exploit them. Embark on a new quest for the Overseer, forge alliances with competing factions, and uncover the truth of what’s hidden in the mountains.
- New Main Quest – Uncover the secrets of West Virginia by playing through an all-new main quest, starting from the moment you leave Vault 76.
- Human NPCs – Befriend or betray new neighbors who have come to rebuild, and experience Appalachia through the eyes of its residents.
- New Creatures and Gear – Take down newly mutated creatures finding their way to the region and earn the highest tier of weapons and armor.
- Choices and Reputation – Alter the fates of those you meet with dialogue trees. Decisions affect your standing with each faction through an all-new reputation system.