Today, Title Update 8 for Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2 has rolled out on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
With it comes a wide range of changes to most aspects of the game, including re-calibration, gear, missions, and narrative. These changes render current builds ineffective for the most part. This will mean re-building, re-learning, and more painfully (or fun depending on your definition) re-farming.
Below we will take a look at what changes have been implemented over night (keeping in mind MANY game stopping bugs have already been identified and maintenance will be rolling out again tonight for 3 hours to address them) and try to make heads and tails of how to move forward with your builds.
In this breakdown I will be covering the below topics, so you can just skip ahead to the parts that interest you:
- The Warlords of New York campaign
- New Skills
- New Gear
- Gear 2.0
- Gear Sets
- Reset for Raid Leaderboards
At the end of the article you can find the additional content advised in the official patch notes regarding:
- Infinite Progression
- Achievements and commendations
- Hunters and Puzzles
- Operation Dark Hours
- Signature Weapons
- Dark Zone
- Offsite locations and the pilot
- Missions, Control Points and Bounty Difficulty
- Global Difficulty
- Bug fixes
Warlords of New York Campaign
In the new campaign you will head to New York to track down rogue agent – Aaron Keener. To get to Keener though, you will first have to find and eliminate his four lieutenants, along with other activities such as gaining the trust of the new faction: Peacekeepers.
The official description provides the following details:
- Completely new Open World in lower Manhattan with random world activities, returning factions like the Rikers and Cleaners.
- 4 new Open World named zones under fog-of-war, with no level-gating, giving you the freedom to tackle the investigation in any way you want.
- Two Bridges
- Battery Park
- Civic Center
- Financial District
- 4 new Open World named zones under fog-of-war, with no level-gating, giving you the freedom to tackle the investigation in any way you want.
- 5 new narrative Main Missions taking you through lower Manhattan in your hunt for Aaron Keener.
- The Tombs
- Pathway Park
- Wall Street
- Stranded Tanker
- A Mystery Location
- 8 interlinked Side Missions to investigate clues that will help players find out more about Keener’s operation and his Lieutenants.
- Police Headquarters
- Hugh Carey Tunnel
- Pier 26
- JTF Shelter
- City Hall
- New York Federal Reserve
- Castle Clinton
- Doyers Street
- New level progression from Level 30 to 40!
- Find out more about your journey in New York from our dedicated article here.
- A new Base of Operation: Haven
- Haven is a new Settlement led by Paul Rhodes. The inhabitants consist of survivors from Lower Manhattan, former JTF soldiers, and former police officers, with the latter two forming the Peacekeepers.
- Re-imagined New York factions
- Rikers and Cleaners are back!
- Both have received upgrades to their AI and are fiercer than ever.
- New archetypes for both Rikers and Cleaners.
- New, elite variant of the Black Tusk
- Can be found in legendary difficulty Missions.
- New archetypes, as the Black Tusk have assimilated parts of the LMB.
By eliminating the four lieutenants on your hunt for Keener you will learn the following four new skills:
- Explosive Sticky Bomb
- Incendiary Sticky Bomb
- Trip-wire Tap
We currently don’t have a full list of the new weapons, gear, exotics and named items that have been added with Title Update 8, except to say that it is apparently an extensive list.
Over the coming days we will be pulling together lists and tables of this new content so be sure to check back in next week.
This is where the changes effect us the most – our builds. For anyone logging in today that has been playing the game for months, your easiest way forward is to trash can your current builds and start fresh.
Attributes will be more important than ever now and will include the following 14 descriptors:
- Weapon Damage
- Skill Tier
- Weapon Handling
- Critical Hit Chance
- Critical Hit Damage
- Headshot Damage
- Skill Damage
- Skill Repair
- Skill Haste
- Armor Regeneration
- Hazard Protection
- Explosive Resistance
Other changes to attributes are:
- Streamlined RPG system, with a focus on increasing build diversity, improved accessibility and making the RPG systems more intuitive.
- “God rolled” items are back and easily identified in the new UI.
- Skill Power now uses a Tier system to allow a clear progression and benefits to each skill, shown in the UI.
All Brand Bonuses have been reworked as well, meaning the way we used different brand sets together to create hybrid builds has completely changed:
I will work on getting you a full list of the new brand set bonus’ very soon. Check back shortly.
Talents have been completely overhauled and stripped from all gear pieces except for Backpacks and Chest Pieces, both of which can only have one talent on them.
In moving forward with farming for your new build I recommend you pick the talent you wan’t on your Backpack and Chest Piece that will compliment each other, and go from there.
I have compiled two tables below to show you what talents are now available on those two gear pieces:
|· Shooting an enemy increases total skill damage by 25% for 3s.
· Perfect Combined Arms: 30% skill damage.
|· Using an armor kit grants +1 skill tier for 15s. If already at skill tier 6, grants overcharge.|
|· Skill kills increase total skill damage by 25% for 20s.
· Perfect Tech Support: 27s.
|· Kills from cover reduce skill cooldowns by 10%.|
|Shock and Awe||· Applying a status effect to an enemy increases total skill damage and repair by 20% for 20s.
· Perfect Shock and Awe: 27s
|Heal and Support|
|Safeguard||· While at full armor, increases total skill repair by 100%.|
|Overclock||· You and allies within 7m of your deployed skills, gain +25% reload speed and reduces active cooldowns by 0.2s each second.|
|Tank and Bruiser|
|· Killing an enemy adds and refreshes a stack of +10% bonus armor for 10s. Max stack is 10.
|· Performing a cover to cover grants 12% of your armor as bonus armor to you and all allies for 10s.
· This is doubled if you end within 10m of an enemy.
· Cooldown: 10s.
· PVP: 8% of your armor.
|· When your shield is damaged, you gain +5% and all other allies gain +15% of your armor as bonus armor for 3s.
· Cooldown: 3s.
|· Increases total weapon damage by 25%. Taking damage disables this buff for 4s.
Perfect Vigilance: 3s.
|· Amplifies total weapon damage for 10s when swapping between your primary and secondary weapons if they are different.
· 35% to enemies within 15m for Shotguns and SMGs.
· 35% to enemies further than 25m for Rifles and Marksman Rifles.
· 10% to enemies between 15-25m for LMGs and Assault Rifles.
· At most once per 5s per weapon type.
|· Enemies you hit with shotguns and marksman rifles amplifies the damage they take by 10% from all sources for 5s.|
|· Killing an enemy increases total weapon damage by 5% for 15s. Stacks up to 5 times.|
|· While you are within 5m of an ally or skill, total weapon damage is increased by 15%.|
|· While in cover, increases total weapon damage by 15%.|
|· Headshots increase total weapon damage by 10% for 1.5s. 5s with marksman rifles.
· Headshot kills additionally increase total weapon damage by 15% for 10s.
|· When you apply a status effect, it is also applied to all enemies within 5m of your target.
· Cooldown: 20s
|· Applying a status effect increases total weapon damage by 18% for 20s.
· Perfect Wicked: 27s
|· Applying a Blind, Ensnare, Confuse, or Shock to an enemy grants 40% of your armor as bonus armor to you and all allies within 20m of that enemy for 10s.
· PvP: 20%
|· If you are below 15% armor, critical hits repair 3% missing armor.
· Kills allow you to repair up to 100% armor for 4-10s, based on your [Weapon] core attribute.
· Perfect Clutch: If you are below 20% armor.
|· The last enemy you have damaged with a skill is marked.
· Dealing weapon damage to that enemy consumes the mark to reduce active cooldowns by 4s.
· Cooldown: 4s
|· When in combat, each skill generates a stack while active or not on cooldown.
· Stacks increase your total skill damage by 1% and total skill repair by 2%. Up to 15 stacks per skill. Lost when on cooldown.
|· Skill kills have a 25% chance to reset skill cooldowns.
· If no skills were on cooldown, you instead gain one-time buff that immediately refreshes a skill’s cooldown when it goes on cooldown.
|· Amplifies total weapon and skill damage by 15% to pulsed enemies.|
|· Whenever you throw a skill, 1.5 seconds after landing, it creates an explosion damaging enemies within 5m.
· Damage scales with skill tier dealing 25-100% damage of a concussion grenade.
· At most once per skill.
· Remote Pulse, All Turrets, All Hives, Explosive Seeker, Cluster Seeker, Mender Seeker, Decoy, All Traps.
|Heal and Support|
|· Repairing an ally, increases their total weapon and skill damage by 3-15% for 10s. 1-7% if self.
· Effectiveness increased by your skill tier.
|· After staying in cover for 10s, increase your and all allies’ total weapon and skill damage by 12% as long as you remain in cover or in a cover-to-cover move.
· Perfect Overwatch: 8s.
|Tank and Bruiser|
|· While you have bonus armor, amplifies total weapon damage by 35% to enemies within 10m.
· Perfect Intimidate: 40%.
|· When your armor is depleted, repair 95% of your armor.
· Cooldown: 60s.
· Perfect Unbreakable: 100%, 55s.
· PvP: 50%, 60s.
· Perfect Unbreakable PvP: 55%, 55s.
|· Deploying a shield makes it invulnerable for 5s and grants 45% of your armor as bonus armor to all other allies for 20s.
· Cooldown: 25s
· Perfect Vanguard: 50%
· PvP: 20%
· Perfect Vanguard PvP: 25%
|· Grants +20% bonus armor while reloading.
· Grants 0-18% of your armor as bonus armor to all other allies when they are reloading, based on your [defense] core attribute.
· PvP: 15%, 0-12%
|· All damage you deal is amplified by 25%. All damage you take is amplified by 50%.
· Perfect Glass Cannon: 30%/60%.
|· Weapon swapping increases total weapon damage by 20% for 5s. This buff is lost for 5s if you weapon swap while it is active.|
|· Increases total weapon damage by 5% every second you are aiming while scoped 8x or higher, up to 50%.
· Perfect Focus: 6%/60%.
|· While in cover weapon handling is increased by +45%.
· Perfect Braced: 50%
|· Damaging an enemy with a skill increases total weapon damage by 15% for 15s.
· Perfect Spark: 20s.
|· Critical hits increase total weapon damage by 1% for 5s. Stacks up to 15 times.|
Other changes to gear and weapons include:
- All weapons, gear and mods have been reworked.
- All existing items have been converted into the new system
- All Mods have been reworked.
- Gear Mods now provide one attribute.
- Mask, Chest and Backpack items can contain one mod slot.
- Generic Gear Mods have been removed from the game.
- All Gear Sets have been reworked.
- All Exotic items and weapons have been reworked.
- All Skills have been re-balanced.
- Skill Power has been removed.
- Skills now automatically scale with the Skill Tier attribute.
- Skill Mods now have no requirement to equip.
Have you ever been running around playing your favorite looter shooter and thought to yourself “gee there’s just too much loot”? O.o
Well if that’s you then you’re in luck as the loot drop rate has been decreased. The quality of drops has reportedly improved, which is designed to make us feel like the loot drops that we do get are more “meaningful”. Item power, quality and quantity will now scale with the difficulty of the task you are undertaking.
Here’s the official word on the changes to crafting:
- Items from the Crafting Bench now have a minimum and maximum power range.
- For players that stay at Level 30:
- Crafting bench scales with player level and requires World Tier upgrades to increase Gear Score.
- The 500 Gear Score upgrade now raises the minimum Gear Score of the crafting power range.
- For players that own Warlords of New York and are above Level 30:
- Crafting bench scales with player Level.
- Crafting bench is reset to Specialized quality upon arrival in New York and will automatically increase back to High-End while levelling up to Level 40.
- For players that stay at Level 30:
- Crafted Exotics are no longer crafted at maximum item power and now roll at a higher range than the bench’s default range.
- Exotic Upgrade Blueprints are temporarily capped at Level 30, Gear Score 515.
- All other Blueprints can be used to craft items up to level 40, scaling with the player level.
- AUX Batteries can no longer be crafted.
- These previously provided the Skill Power attribute which has been removed.
- The missing Gear Score Upgrade Blueprint for the Chameleon has been added.
The recalibration station has been completely overhauled as well, with players now being able to extract attributes from gear and weapons into the new library. Once learned, you will be able to use these over and over again without having to re-farm for them – YAY.
Reset for Raid leaderboards
The leaderboards have been reset, with year one times and completions being set in stone. The new leaderboards will eventually include times from all platforms – Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
For the time being though, you can get to work on getting your name up on the Year Two leaderboards.
Farewell year one, you will be missed…..
That’s a lot to take in – I know! The best way to absorb it all is to jump online and play. You will get a feel for the changes as you play through the new missions for those who have the expansion, and for those who don’t simply completing your invaded for the week will give you enough exposure to really see all these changes at work.
Please keep in mind that once you start the new campaign you will have to complete it before you can return to Washington, and those who don’t have the expansion will be unable to join you.
Below you can find the additional details that were provided today via the patch notes:
- The Clan Vendor and Cassie Mendoza no longer sell items at maximum power and instead sell items within a high-power range above other Vendors.
- Players now receive an off-screen warning for incoming grenades.
- Elites are more adept at targeting player Skills.
- Signature Weapons now deal reduced damage against Named enemies.
- Cleaners’ Rushers now move slower (Coney Island took a lot out of them).
- EMP emitted on death from Black Tusk’s Warhounds has been decreased in radius.
- Black Tusk – Adjustments to Hostile Factions:
- Renamed existing Rusher archetype (the one that deploys the Suicide Drones) to the Drone Operator. Big promotion for those guys!
- Added two new archetypes which have been recruited from the LMB:
- Rusher – Uses an Assault Rifle at range then switches to a Shotgun up close.
- Support – Deploys a Support Station which heals nearby friendlies.
- Added two new Warhound archetypes:
- Warhound Grenadier – Fires a volley of three grenades while stationary, then moves to a new position do it again. And again, and again, and again.
- Warhound Minigun – Frequently repositions while unloading a powerful minigun.
- Increased Health gain per player.
- Slightly increased armor gain per role, per player.
- Slightly increasesd damage per role, per player.
- SHD Levels – an infinite progression system granting you perk points at regular intervals used to improve selected stats and bonuses of your agent.
Achievements and Commendations
- New Achievements and Commendations have been added for Warlords of New York.
- 8 new Hunter encounters.
- 4 encounters in New York.
- 4 encounters in Washington D.C.
Operation Dark Hours
- A Normal Difficulty Operation Dark Hours Raid is now available for Level 40 players.
- All Signature Weapon Pistols now have a Level 40 version.
- Increased the Gunner’s Minigun damage to make it more effective, it will still require sustained fire to maximize effectivity.
- The Technician Skill Power Talent has been reduced to a Single Talent which grants Skill Tier.
- Additional extraction points are now available in every Dark Zone.
- Experience in the DZ will now only be earned from player to player interactions, Extractions and Supply Drops.
- All items are now contaminated and show attribute rolls to give players more agency on which items they want to extract.
- VOIP is now active on default, with options to set it to Team only or turn it off entirely.
- You can now see players in the Social Menu that are within 100ms of your agent.
- Signature Weapon Ammunition is now longer granted inside the Dark Zone and already acquired ammunition is removed when entering a Checkpoint.
- Grey Rogue Status and the Thieves Den Vendor have been removed. There are still Vendors available near the DZ gates.
- Removed the securing loot option on dead agent’s loot piles.
- Added new, intense extraction music for non-invaded Dark Zones.
- Extraction Timer is now 90 seconds in all Dark Zones.
- Surviving Manhunt rewards are not contaminated.
- Dark Zone Intro Missions have been shortened and streamlined.
- Death Timer for dying as Rogue agent or Manhunt is now 15 seconds.
- Reduced the loss of DZ XP when dying by 50%.
- You now lose DZ XP when dying as non-rogue.
- Killing NPCs inside the DZ no longer grants DZ XP.
- Added ammunition creates near every extraction site.
- Clearing a Landmark no longer grants DZ XP.
- Loot quality in the Dark Zones has been increased.
- Toggling speed to gain Rogue status has been increased, it now takes less time to go Rogue.
- Players are now able to move while toggling Rogue status.
- Added Heroic Landmarks.
- Added Project Objectives for the Dark Zone.
- Deconstructing contaminated items will now provide contaminated DZ resources.
- Entering Dark Zone effect has been added. You know which one.
- Reduced UI clutter.
- Dark Zone Perks have been reset as some perks and the order of perks have changed.
- Invaded Dark Zones are now normalized.
- Normalization has been changed and now only affects Base Amor and Weapon Damage.
- DZ Vendor prices now slightly scale with item level and quality.
- Reduce the maximum number of armor kits that can be carried from 6 to 4.
- Target Intel has been removed.
- Loot containers that previously provided Target Intel will now provide Crafting Materials.
- Targeted Loot areas have been updated to include new gear, weapons and equipment.
- The E-Credit reward for replaying a mission now scales with player level.
- Daily Bounties no longer require collection from the Bounty Boards or Officers.
- Bounties no longer require Target Intel, once a Bounty has been accepted it can be completed.
- Bounty location selection has been updated, some rare Bounty locations will now activate more frequently.
- Invasions no longer automatically select a “suggested” mission every time you enter Washington D.C.
- Agents may now fast travel to most invaded missions.
- Invaded Strongholds no longer have a Gear Score requirement during the World Tier progression.
Offsite Locations and the Pilot
- Many Offsite Missions have been moved on the map for easier navigation.
Missions, Control Points and Bounty Difficulty
- All difficulty modifiers have been updated to account for the removal of Damage to Elites.
- All missions now have Heroic Difficulty available once you finish the Warlords of New York campaign.
Directives are additional difficulty modifiers that players can activate manually after having finished the Warlords of New York campaign, both for Missions and the Open World. The more Directives you activate the harder the challenge and the greater the end-of-activity XP reward! Five Directives will be available once you reach the Level 40 endgame:
- Ammo Hoarders
- Reduced starting ammo & excess ammo is lost on reload. Enemies don’t drop ammo & ammo is not shown on the mini-map.
- Cool Skills
- When one Skill is activated the other is put on cooldown.
- Fog Of War Revisited
- Mini Map and directional threat indicators are removed.
- No Regen
- Armor never regenerates after an encounter. It can be manually healed.
- Special Ammo
- Enemy bullets may be of special types. What type depends on the enemy faction.
Players that have finished the Warlords of New York campaign can now choose to select a Global Difficulty. This will affect all gameplay, including Open World activities. Higher difficulty enemies and activities drop better-quality loot. There are 4 difficulties that can be selected:
- Small Enemy Damage increase.
- Small Enemy Armor increase.
- Small Enemy Veterancy increase.
- Medium Enemy Damage increase.
- Medium Enemy Armor increase.
- Medium Enemy Veterancy increase.
- Heavy Enemy Damage increase.
- Heavy Enemy Armor increase.
- Heavy Enemy Veterancy increase.
- Respawn Restricted.
Changing Global Difficulty will respawn and re-activate activities in the Open World. This will allow players to freely reset their activities.
Seasons will bring a cohesive experience end-game experience using Seasonal Manhunt, Leagues, Global Events, Bounties and Apparel Events across both New York City and Washington D.C. You can find a first overview on Seasons in our dedicated article here.
- Participating in the activities above will earn players Season experience contributing to their Season level.
- Season One will feature 100 levels.
- Seasons have a free track and a premium track, which is available to be purchased via the Season Pass.
- The Season Pass for the first Season will be free for all players.
- Playing Conflict will contribute XP by gaining Conflict Levels beyond 30.
- Playing in the Dark Zone will contribute XP by gaining DZ Levels beyond 30.
- Fixed an issue causing Dead Man’s Hand talent to not trigger properly after several activations and respawning.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Lullaby Upgrade Blueprint to not be available.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Stats menu to not correctly close when clicking the “Toggle View Stats” button with a mouse.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to receive a Server transfer message when accepting a Dark Zone group invite.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to become stuck in a loading screen when accepting an invite for The Pentagon mission while not having unlocked the Safe House Off-Site.
- Fixed several issues with props and covers not working properly with player interactions.
- Fixed an issue that could cause DZ server transfers to not work properly under certain circumstances.
- Fixed some weird walls.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Food Aid Operation Campus Project to no longer reward the Compensator 5.56 Blueprint.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Salvager Crew Theatre Project to no longer reward the Vertical Grip Blueprint.