Bethesda Softworks has released details for the Doom closed beta which will give players a chance to play some of the games multiplayer game modes. The beta begins on March 31st at 10 pm ET and will run through April 3rd at 11:59 pm ET and if you purchased Wolfenstein: The New Order you will be able to participate.
It appears that the Doom beta will feature 2 maps, 2 game modes and a host of weapons and equipment for player to try out. You can see the details of modes and weapons that will be available below.
- Maps: Heatwave and Infernal
- Game Modes: 6v6 Team Deathmatch and Warpath
- Demon: Revenant
- Weapons: Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, Super Shotgun, Vortex Rifle, Static Rifle, Heavy Assault Rifle, and Lightning Gun
- Power Weapons: Gauss Cannon
- Equipment: Frag Grenade, Personal Teleporter, Siphon Grenade
The Doom closed beta will available on PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC. Doom will be available digitally and in stores on May 13th and pre-orders are open now. Those that plan to play on Xbox One will receive the original Doom and Doom 2 for free.