I do like my indie Kickstarter projects, and I like sharing them with you. Yes, you! Sitting there with your beautiful face. And this game comes from Dream Mix. For some more information, please take a look at the video below.
Now I like games that look like this, it makes me think of games like Fire Emblem which I also loved. Looking down through the Kickstarter page, I can’t help (and I’m sure you wont either) but find some of the concept art has clearly been inspired by Link from the Zelda games, and this really does look like the kind of game that would be able to utilise the Steam Workshop to share creations magnificently.
The game is described in short on the Kickstarter page as:
“Legend Maker is a game where you create, share, and play action adventure game worlds. The size and scale of these worlds can be absolutely massive (approximately 1000 times larger than the size of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past), or you can make a single dungeon and call it quits. The size of each world is up to you.”
There are a number of “Stretch Goals” for funding, with the base goal being $40,000. However if they reach the following amounts they will attempt the following:
- $45,000 – Mac & Linux versions of the game
- $50,000 – PS4 Release (if they can get licensed by Sony)
- $60,000 – Xbox One Release (if they can get licensed by Microsoft)
- $80,000 – Extended support for in-game cutscenes – character routing and animation, effects and more
- $100,000 – A full length campaign / story will be included with the game
- $150,000 – Periodic content updates consisting of new items, enemies, tiles and music will be available for free!
- $300,000 and $500,000 – LOCKED
You can download the Alpha Demo through the Kickstarter page to try before you pledge, and I would seriously consider it.
What do you think about how this looks? Is this something that you would like to be a part of? Would you play this if a full release came about? Tell us what you think in the comments below or in the RGM Forums.