For those of you playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 on Xbox One and PC the wait for DLC pack #3 is nearly over. Landing tomorrow, Descent contains four new MP maps, one of which is a remake of the fan favorite ‘Raid’ from Black Ops 2, and the next addition to the Zombies saga – Gorod Krovi.
This content is already available on PlayStation 4, however will not be available on the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 versions of the game. If you own the season pass you already own rights to download and play this content, if you do not have the season pass though you can purchase the map pack separately from the in-game store for $14.99 USD.
Here’s the run down on all that content including the trailer:
- Empire: Treyarch adapts its Black Ops III movement system to the Call of Duty®: Black Ops II fan favorite map Raid. The re-imagining of this classic, medium-sized map features an authentic Roman villa that has been “recreated by a modern-day eccentric billionaire,” where a classic map structure mixes with the new gameplay mechanics of Black Ops III.
- Cryogen: Located far off the coast in the Dead Sea, an isolated compound holds some of the world’s most dangerous criminals in frozen isolation. Sentry towers keep watch over the small map’s circular design as frenetic combat is funneled around the prison’s cryogenic tubes, where opportunities for wall running attacks abound.
- Berserk: Ancient sentinels from a lost civilization guard the entrance to Berserk, a Viking village frozen in time. Players will fight through blizzards, and control the center bridge as they navigate this medium-sized map’s wooden buildings, deadly rocky outcroppings, and tight chokepoints.
- Rumble: Gamers battle among larger-than-life mechanized warriors in Rumble, a stadium where giant robots battle to the roar of the crowd. This medium-sized map funnels high-speed combat to the central arena, where players battle their way through fallen mechs and pyrotechnics.
- Gorod Krovi: Descent also thrusts players to an alternate universe of Nikolai’s motherland, the 1940s Soviet Union, in the next highly-anticipated chapter of the Origins Zombies saga, Gorod Krovi. Players face-off against a swarm of mechanized zombie infantry and dodge hell-fire from aerial dragon assaults, all in the middle of a raging battle within the remnants of Stalingrad. Gorod Krovi delivers the most exciting Zombies experience yet, filled with horrifying new enemies, exciting new gameplay mechanics and an epic set of Zombie annihilating weapons.