*Updated Content: A new story trailer showing off the different maps being added released today.
Even though the game released in November 2015, Call of Duty: Black Ops III isn’t done getting new content. Today, Activision officially detailed the new expansion Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles. They’ve also announced the release date and price below.
Here’s the rundown:
Zombies Chronicles takes players through eight fully-remastered maps from previous Treyarch Call of Duty games: Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Black Ops II, all in true HD with current-generation visuals, enhanced lighting, revamped character models and environments, and updated AI and audio systems. Players will also be able to use custom weapons, including current weaponry featured in Black Ops III that wasn’t featured in the original maps.
Call of Duty: World at War
- Nacht der Untoten – Where it all began: an abandoned airfield suspended in space and plagued by infinite hordes of the undead.
- Verruckt – Welcome to Wittenau Sanitorium, a German asylum with dark corridors, terrifying undead enemies, and even darker secrets.
- Shi No Numa – A “swamp of death” located in Japanese territory, surrounded by a sweltering jungle, hellhounds, and endless armies of the undead.
Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Kino der Untoten – An abandoned cinema packed with swarms of Crawler Zombies and fiery traps.
- Ascension – An abandoned Soviet Cosmodrome where unholy creations lurk in the shadows, and dark undead experiments run loose.
- Shangri-la – A legendary shrine lost in an exotic jungle where the undead emerge from within a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns, deadly traps, and dark secrets.
- Moon – Travel to the Moon where forgotten undead creatures plague a horrifying, cratered landscape
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Origins – An excavation site left behind after the Germans unearthed the mysterious new “Element 115,” and unleashed the greatest evil the world has ever seen.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles is available digitally on May 16 on PlayStation 4 for a suggested retail price of $29.99, and requires Call of Duty: Black Ops III to play. Along with the eight remastered maps and gameplay, players will also get:
- 20 Vials of Liquid Divinium
- 2 All-New, Whimsical GobbleGums
- Exclusive Zombies Pack-A-Punch Weapon Camo
- Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Dynamic System Theme for PlayStation 4, an exclusive pre-order incentive
So there you go! Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles will cost $29.99 USD and releases for the PlayStation 4 on May 16th. It’s also available for preorder starting today. The Xbox One and PC versions don’t have a release date however we will update you when it is.
Additionally, if you’d like to see the remastered maps, you can check out these images here.
*Here’s the new story trailer: