Announced via Frontier News Network, The next DLC for Titanfall 2 is coming soon. This update, Operation Frontier Shield, includes the return of a fan-favorite mode: Frontier Defense!
You can watch the reveal trailer here:
Operation Frontier Shield Details
New Mode: Frontier Defense
- Co-op 4 player mode.
- Defend your Harvester against 5 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
- Earn cash for defeating enemies that you can spend in between waves to purchase tools like Batteries, Arc Traps, Sentries, and more.
- Choose from Easy / Regular / Hard / Master difficulty.
- There will be an Insane difficulty as well that will exist in a separate tile as a Featured Mode.
- New Titan Progression – ‘Aegis Ranks’
- Earn Aegis Ranks by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Aegis Ranks can unlock powerful upgrades for your Titans, helping you succeed at higher difficulty levels. For now these Ranks will only apply to Frontier Defense.
- New, challenging enemy types to battle.
- 5 maps supported at launch
- Forwardbase Kodai
- War Games
- Blackwater Canal
- More maps in testing
Long sight lines and tight quarters dictate the battle in this abandoned desert reservoir. The towering, sheer walls and a system of convenient zip lines provide Pilots with means to get around quickly while Titans do battle in the long corridors below. Pilots can also set up ambushes in the guts of this complex pipeworks, while titans can lock down large sections of the battlefield at critical junctures. Tread carefully.
A new modular construction of a residential firefight. Cover is sparse for Pilots bold enough to leave the safety of a few houses. Windows and rooftops decide who controls the map, but dense interiors can always hold surprises.
It’s fantastic seeing Respawn give this kind of support to Titanfall 2. I had a lot of fun with Frontier Defense in the original Titanfall and I’m sure plenty of other gamers feel the same way. In the briefing on Frontier News Network, Respawn mentions that the active player count is over one million monthly. No doubt, that is the combination of a great game and great monthly support. Operation Frontier Shield will be available to download for free on July 25th, 2017.