Activision has provided a help guide for those who are having trouble setting up split-screen on the Xbox One.
As the current generation of games seem to be steering away from adding an option for split-screen play into their games it’s nice to see that Activision still recognizes its importance and has opted to keep this feature in Black Ops 3.
The steps you need to take are listed below and will have you both up and running in no time:
Follow the steps below to set up split screen and access split screen play.
- On the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to the top left corner to access the user sign-in component.
- Select Add New Profile.
- Add two Xbox Live profiles from this menu.
- Return to the Xbox Home Menu.
- Sign into an Xbox account and launch Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
- After reaching the Main Menu, connect a second controller.
- Press A on the second controller to connect the other player online.
- Once connected, press A again to attach the split screen player.
- When at the profile selection screen opens, choose a profile that is different than the first player’s profile.
If you are looking for more details about the functionalist of Black Ops 3 check out our review of the multiplayer component.