The next update for Fallout 4 is now in beta for players on Steam.
Update 1.7 makes several changes, including making one of the game’s most hated characters killable. Marcy Long has long been the bane of many a Sole Survivor, constantly griping and complaining, despite often fantastic accommodations.
In the new update, both Jun and Marcy Long are no longer “essential” after completing the “Sanctuary” quest. When a character is marked as essential, they can’t be killed, only rendered momentarily “unconscious.” After the 1.7 update, both Jun and Marcy Long will probably be marked for death by many Fallout 4 players.
The update also adds another desperately-needed improvement – vendors can offer large shipment of Ceramic, Copper, Rubber, Steel, and Wood.
Below is the complete patch list from Fallout 4’s Steam page. It’s expect to go be out of beta and available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4 in the coming weeks.
- Support for upcoming DLC, Nuka-World
- New store art type for Workshop settlements
- Ability to delete Add Ons without doing a full uninstall (PS4)
- General optimization and stability improvements
- Jun and Marcy Long are no longer essential after completing “Sanctuary”
- Vendors can offer large shipments of Ceramic, Copper, Rubber, Steel and Wood
- Improvements to accuracy and control with picking up and placing objects (not Workshop mode)
- Grenades and molotov cocktails can now be used with the Junk Mortar (Contraptions)
- Fixed issue with companions unequipping clothing when fast traveling with player
- Fixed an issue with player animations not loading properly after reloading a saved game
- Fixed issue where certain dog armors would not equip properly on Dogmeat
- Fixed an issue where objects from Add Ons would not scrap correctly or would not be stored properly
- Fixed infinite load that would occasionally occur while logging off while downloading a mod
- Fixed a crash related to investing in a store while trading
- Fixed issue where “Quartermastery” would send player to erroneous locations
- Fixed performance issues related to dropping certain weapons
- Fixed issue where melee weapon would not properly after dying and reloading the save
- Fixed a rare issue where Sturges and Mama Murphy would stop moving
- Fixed snapping issue with Surgery Center in Workshop mode
- Increased the number of Mods that can be paged through Mods browsing menu
- Fixed issue where Mods images would stop displayed while scrolling through Mods menu
- Disable All Mods now works properly when offline
- NPCs that are changed in a Mod will update changes like hairstyles properly
- Fixed animation error related to NPCs changed in Mods who have died, and reloading the save without the Mod activated
- Fixed issue where sneaking would turn player invisible while running with Mods
- Master files no longer automatically sort above plugins in Load Order menu
- Localization strings moved to Interface archive
- Minor UI improvements to Mods menu and Mods Detail menus
To access the Fallout 4 beta 1.7 update:
- Log into Steam.
- Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library.
- Select Settings.
- Select Betas.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta.
- Select OK.
- Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
- When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [Beta] in your Library.