The Windows 10 version of Forza Horizon 3 has received its first update to address technical issues and flaws.
Despite being very well received, some players had reported some issues with the build on PC, notably one that affected the game, causing a stuttering effect when the framerate was unlocked. Reporting on the update, Dark Side of Gaming has detailed that the patch, which is available now, will improve overall stability of the game whilst adding various options to the Windows 10 advanced controller menu.
The details of the patch for Windows are listed below. There currently isn’t any information regarding an Xbox One patch currently.
- Windows 10
– Fixed a performance issue on Windows 10 that caused stuttering with high or unlocked framerates on certain hardware configurations.
– Improved stability on Windows 10.
– Disable mouse move detection while driving.
– The Windows 10 video options screen will no longer ask users to save when no changes have been made.
– Additional options have been added to the Windows 10 Advanced Controller Menu. These include:
* Steering wheel sensitivity.
* Invert Force Feedback.
* Centre spring scale.
* Damping scale.
– Fixed a problem where pre-order cars and the Halo Warthog were not appearing in the Windows 10 version of the game for some players.
- Wheel Improvements
– Logitech G27 is now registered correctly on Windows 10, so the correct default mapping will be applied.
– All wheels with enough buttons have had the horn added to their default mappings on Windows 10.
– Fix to dead zones for acceleration and braking axes on wheels.
– Default mappings for all TX Racing Wheel variants.
– Fixed a bug where custom input mappings would not save successfully.
- General Improvements
– The Social and Rivals tabs will now unlock for players with Xbox Live Silver accounts.
– Fixed a bug where the racing line would sometimes disappear.
– Controller hot swapping is now available. Players can switch between controllers/their keyboard whenever they choose (including the wheel).
– Various content fixes for cars.
Have you noticed any of these issues whilst you’ve been playing? Let us know in the comments below or on the RGM Forums.