If you are looking for a low budget upgrade for your everyday PC then look no further than PC on a Stick.
So what is PC on a stick? It’s a device that plugs in to the back of your TV via the HDMI slot turning your TV in to a PC. It’s made by Intel and comes with a built in wireless Bluetooth connectivity, 32GB on-board storage and a micro SD card slot for additional storage, plus a 1.33 GHz Quad Core Processor with Intel HD Graphics.
This PC also comes with windows 8.1 installed however you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free and also has support for Android 4.4. All this in a device that you can easily fit in to your pocket and take anywhere.
- PC on a Stick
- HDMI Cable (very short)
- Micro USB cable
- 5V/2A Power adapter
- 1 year warranty
You will still need a wireless keyboard and mouse or a keyboard track-pad option if you screen is not a touch screen, it’s perfect for home or work or a cost effective solution for a Kiosk.
Now for the specifications:
- Processor Intel Atom Processor Z3735F 1.33GHz Quad Core Intel HD 2D/3D graphics capability (White)
- Memory 2GB DDR3L-RS
- Storage 32GB EMMC
- I/O Ports 1x HDMI, 1x Micro USB 2.0 Port power adapter, 1x USB Host port for external USB devices
- Networking 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.0
- OS Support Windows 8.1 / Android 4.4
- Power Adapter 5V / 2A
- Physical Dimensions 99.6mm x 37.6mm x 9.6mm – Weight: 46g
- Cost $179 AUD
All in all this is not a bad little device to have ultra portable for people on the go, small shop or kiosk or even a presenters dream. If you not happy with the 1.33 GHz option they also make a 1.8GHz option with Windows 10 already instilled in black for $20 more.