Earlier today at the Microsoft event the new 13.5-inch Surface Book has been announced.
One of things key things laptops have previously struggled with is being as powerful as a standalone PC whilst at the same time being as convenient as a tablet. The Surface Book seems to have nailed this by combining power and flexibility into the one device.
The new 13.5-inch Surface Book is the ultimate laptop. The full punch of a high performance laptop with unprecedented versatility of a tablet. This is the future of laptop computing.
The core features of the device are:
- 13.5-inch PixelSense™ touchscreen display (3000 x 2000) resolution
- Windows 10 Pro operating system
- Incredibly mobile at 1.6 lbs (728g)
- Surface Pen included
Along with a choice of:
- 128GB / Core Intel i5 – 8GB
- 256GB / Core Intel i5 – 8GB
- 256GB / Core Intel i5 – 8GB / dGPU
- 256GB / Core Intel i7 – 8GB / dGPU
- 512GB / Core Intel i7 – 16GB / dGPU
Surface Book is a high-performance laptop with exceptional power and versatility. It weighs just 1.6 pounds (728g) and its 13.5-inch PixelSense™ has incredible resolution (3000 x 2000). It’s calibrated for true-to-life color, with high contrast and low glare. Detach the screen to use like a clipboard, or rotate and reattach the screen to use the full hardware accelerated graphics.
So what do you think? Does this stand up to your needs as a gamer on the go?