The Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Windows 10 is getting a title update today. New features will be added such as UWP apps, v-sync toggle options and more frame rate options.
This update will occur automatically when you launch, however it is important that you ensure that you have the most recent Windows 10 updates first.
Here are all the details you need to know about today’s update:
A new Title Update will be available today for Windows 10 Ultimate Edition owners. This update includes the new features now available on UWP apps including v-sync toggle options and frame rate options.
Please make sure you have the latest Windows Updates before updating.
Title Update 5 – Patch Notes
– Added v-sync toggle to video options. Toggle “off” to not be limited by your monitors refresh rate. Note: This requires an OS update that can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3156421
– Added frame rate limit selector to video options. Use to reduce your frame rate if you are getting too much tearing, or choose unlimited to let the game render as fast as possible. Note: This option is best used with v-sync off. With v-sync on, it will force the game onto a refresh interval (render every refresh, every second refresh, etc.).
– Added anisotropic filtering setting to video options.
– Added FPS counter toggle to video options.
– Fixed a bug where post processing could become disabled.
– Fixed a bug where PSO’s could be created on the fly instead of read from the cache, causing hitches.
For Title Update 4’s patch notes, please visit this thread here.
Thank again for all the feedback over the past few months since launch.